Chapter 2

Force was hitting around me, I was tipping and sliding back and forth, barely opening my eyes. The sound of loud wind was making my ears hurt and whispers filled the room. But what room? Someone came up to me, forcing me to drink something, rather odd, but I predicted it was only water. Dirty water. My lips were still dry, and I didn't have the energy to speak, but my eyes opened a little more, and only a blurry face was looking at my face, but It was a she. She had red flaming hair, solid green eyes, and bags under her eyes. She lifted my chin, looking over my neck, and making an anxious face, looking concerned. The face got more clearer and clearer, as a beautiful face was revealed. She looked just the same as the effect in the blur, but her skin was getting rough and old. 

" Drink this." she insisted 

She pulled up a silver pot and pressed it against my lips, which I spitted out, tasting the metal spread on my dry skin. I felt like to vomit. And I did. When the girl took the cup back, I grabbed it from her arms and puked inside. There goes my drink. She didn't look surprised or disgusted, she just stared and waited for me to finish. Which I liked. She knelt on her knees beside me and pulled my hair back from my mouth and whispered " Are you done? "  She was a servant , and a very kind one. She looked like a fighter, not a woman who should be cleaning up people's throw- up! I wiped my sleeve over my mouth, leaning and falling to the side, where the woman shoved me up with her arms, and stood me in place.  I examined her, which she wore a beautiful  red kefta with blue outlining, which made her hair camouflage. 

" You look horrible, you know. " she smiled handing me a mirror 

I traced my fingers under my eyes, that had very dark sleepy bags under it, and my face looked lacking from blood. I was so pale and sweaty, it looked like I've been sucked out of venom. What happened to me? I was going to find that out now. I tried to stand up, and I ended up screaming so loud the shadows reappeared, the other servants  running up the stairs, trying not to get killed. Only except the red - haired woman, who stayed paying no attention, mixing something. I fell on my arm, which made a give a loud gasp and tears streamed down my drained face. What did the Darkling do to me. My body was broken. But I was grateful enough I was okay, that I wasn't paralyzed, or even dead. I wiped my hands to erase the foolish tears I made. 

" I would heal you if I could. But I'm only a Tailor." the lady said looking down

 A tailor. She was a tailor. Grisha. I had too many questions to ask. Where am I? What did the Darkling do to me? How does the Darkling have the same ability of me even if we're not related? My ears bled with too many questions. 

" I'm Genya. One of the favorites of the General. I'm a Tailor.And I already know who you are. Zahra Oretsev "she glared

 Genya walked up to me and knelt beside me again, and in her hand was a bigger pot with something hot inside. Why would I need this? I'm already sweating hot, like fire is grabbing  me! She gave me a worried look which made me worried also. Then, she suddenly shouted out, " Healer!!" which made me jump with pain. She shouted a Healer again, but I didn't hear the sound of footsteps coming. I still don't know where I am. Genya stood up fast and went up staircases, opening a door and slamming it. This was my choice. To escape from this dreaded place. Where is the Darkling anyways? Was he just locking me up to make me suffer and kill me in the end, or using me. I looked around for something sharp, as I finally sighted a knife on a wooden ruined table. It had to be so far did it ? I got ready to get up, but loud footsteps came closer and I calmly cursed under my breath, grunting with pain sitting down. Then, Genya and another lady beside her who looked rigid cruel looked at me in disgust, and for the reply, I sniggered at her. 

" This is the Healer." Genya said facing towards the Healer

" Yes, I know, but- " and before I could ask why I needed a Healer, she warned me not to move. Now I was getting a lot more scared. What does she mean not to move? And why was a Healer here in the first place?