After

I stuffed apples in my dirty bag, carrying It over my shoulders, walking to the door. I pushed the door open, revealing outside as dark. I patted my horse on the side and fed her the apples I found in the forest. I sighed, with my shoulders relaxed, my hair swaying on each sides of my face.

" We'll see each other again, Hazel. I know it. " I said to my beautiful horse 

I walked back inside straightening my dirty cape with an  black armor on. Knives and daggers stood in the pockets. But I had one special dagger, holding my messy hair up , the red-jeweled one father gave me on my birth. I reached and pulled open my chair, scooting forward in the wooden desk, getting out my only journal with parchment paper to write on. I used it mostly to make maps for my journey's. But I also daily used it for writing letters, to Mal. I felt more stupid each day writing a letter to myself, but it made me feel, like we were far away from each other, but still are together.  I took out my ink and feather quill , writing lightly on the fragile paper.

 Mal,

 Well, it's my 18th birthday. I really wish you were here. God, I really feel stupid writing to myself on a paper each day, hoping I would find you again. But I can't . I couldn't. It's like the world wants me to not find me. Like you have forgotten me. Well, of course you maybe have had no memories of me since you were only a baby . It has been a week since the Sun Summoner defeated the Darkling. People have been getting rumors he's maybe still alive. I don't know. But I don't feel safe. At all. I live almost right next to the Fold, and I could sometimes here the volcra crying in my sleep. But I'm surviving. Barely. But I just need to know, if you're safe. Or even alive. My powers are getting out of control. They get stronger everyday, but I train, getting stronger too. Just like what mom always sa--

A rumble filled the air. The ground below me was trembling. Also my body. I slammed my journal close, and the ground was getting more heavy and shaking. I heard the cry of Hazel outside. I didn't think I should go outside, but I couldn't just leave her out there. I opened the door in caution, peeking outside. The wind was getting heavy, and the dust of the roads swept my way, like a sandstorm . Hazel cried with fear as I went up to her and trailed her to the back of the cabin. What is going on? And then, the sound of a vicious shriek startled me , leading Hazel in the back of the house, in her stable I made. I ran back into the house, shifting a candle on and getting ready to strike. The door swing open, falling to the floor. A growl filled the room and loud footsteps too. I shaked, creating a blade with my shadows, getting ready to aim. The floor shaked, like an earthquake. My hands grew tighter, when a big claw gripped into my skin, making me choke. I looked down to see a monster. But made out of shadows growling with its teeth clawed at me. I picked my dagger from my pockets and tried to stab it, but I was dumb enough to know it was made out of shadows. But, how? Did I make this beast? But my questions were answered, by footsteps coming my way. A man appeared. Black scars crossing deeply against his face, his black kefta wearing all ripped up with claw marks. The volcra's claws. But I knew him by the way people described him deeply, and I whispered his name under my trembling breath. The Darkling.