Chapter 1

How? The Darkling was supposed to be dead. The Sun Summoner destroyed him. My neck started hurting with pain as the shadow monster's claws digged  deeper into my cold skin and pushed me against the wall. My eyes wided open, with my mouth stretched down. 

" Who are you? " the Darkling pounced

" Who are you ? You're supposed to be dead. " I spitted

" I am the Darkling. The most powerful being in the GrishaVerse. Yet. " he growled

The Darkling waved his hand towards the shadow monster, and the claws released out of my skin, leaving me a wince with marks on my damaged neck. I fell to the floor with a thump, realizing I was breathing to hard. I looked down, where dirty ruined black boots revealed and I studied the Darkling looking up, detecting his anger and tiredness. I hit my fists against the harden floor, making my knuckles crack, me standing up, studying the Darkling. He had a beautiful black kefta on, but it was all ripped up from claws and dust. His face was ruined, three huge black scars trailed all across his face, revealing only his eyes and skin. His hair was messed up, but part of me still thinked he looked okay, better yet, handsome. His cold black eyes had black bags under which looked like he hadn't slept in a month. Maybe he didn't. 

" You didn't answer my question. Who. Are. You? " he said with an arm at his left shoulder , ready to strike

" The Shadower." I replied with a cringe in my voice

He let out a small laugh with a gasp. I looked him in the eyes deep that made his face drain into disappointment, lifting his ruined hand, and with a snap, the shadow monster aimed toward me. Before it reached my heart out, I made made a shield with my power. The darkness around the shield blocked my vision. I closed it quickly and spread my arms into fists, and released a border between me and him, and formed a sharp long blade and I got ready to slice the Darkling up, until I noticed, he is 400 and more years old. It would take more than a blade to kill him. He looked devastated, his eyes opened wide, and his face looking towards my fingers and blade. 

" How..? " he said with a big gasp 

I was confused by what he was saying. He looked weak, but I can smell the revenge in him. I breathed in deeply, and I knew he was alive. That meant he was going to aim for the Sun Summoner, and control her power again. I distracted him as much as possible to have the chance to run off with Hazel, and warn the Sun Summoner. 

" Give me one reason why I shouldn't cut you in pieces in front of me?" I threatened 

He then lifted his chin up, his cold black eyes covering me, and by the moment, he shifted his hands, and the same blade I made revealed in his powers with shadows of darkness all around it. But his was huger, and more powerful than ever.My eyes glowed and I unlifted the border and made a run for it before my body would be shredded into pieces. But as soon as my sweaty hands lifted the door handle, a big wind headed my direction and slammed me hard against the door, feeling my bones crack , maybe my spine. The last thing I saw was a blur, and feet were coming my way. The Darkling. I felt a big shove and big rough hands carried me, but before I could see who it was, everything turned black. Pitch black.