19

The following morning, bailey still felt sick. But, she felt well enough to go on with her day. Well, she also had no choice since until she left, she would have to continue her duties.

Before she could go and do that, she found a note taped to her door from Howard to meet him in his lab for her new gear. It didn't make much sense to her, knowing that she would just be a nurse to the men.

So, she got herself together for the day and met the man himself in the lab.

"Yes. I think it works." Bailey could hear Peggy say as four gunshots sounded, along with the bullets faking to the ground.

As Peggy was waking out, bailey was walking in. The blonde could see how frustrated Peggy looked. "You alright peg?" Bailey whispered to the woman.

Peggy nodded. "Captain Rogers is becoming just like the rest of these bloody soldiers." She said, strutting out of the room.

"Steve what the hell did you do?!" Bailey asked her now taller friend, figuring out she would have to get used to his new height. "Peggy is pissed."

Steve sighed, ignoring the question. "Do you like my new shield?" He asked, holding up the vibranium shield to show her. "I'm going to get some color on it, but it's pretty cool right?"

"Go talk to Peggy." Bailey said, crossing her arms. "But yes, it's a nice shield Steve." She smirked, turning to face Howard now. "Now what's the deal with you?"

Howard smiled, pulling out a box and handing it to bailey. "Since your going onto the battle field with the howling commandos, you need to be prepared." He said, "that's got everything you'll need."

Bailey looked at him confused, continuing to pull out whatever was inside. A black leather top was the first thing she took out, smirking at the fresh material. Then, some camouflage cargo pants with lots of pockets came afterwards, along with black combat boots. "Howard where the hell did you get all of this?" She asked.

"Just wait, you didn't get to the best part yet!" He said, pointing to the box.

Bailey looked back inside, seeing that there was a small rod with two buttons on the side. "Thanks for the pole?" She said in a questioning tone.

"Take it out and press the top button. But hold it away from everyone." Howard said, a huge smile on his face.

"Ok?" Bailey said, lifting the rod and holding it out. As she pressed the button, the rod extended into a staff, sharp edges on both ends. "Holy shit." She said, shocked at the weapon.

Howard smiled. "Cool, right?" He asked, "oh and the other button shoots tasers. Here, shoot it at that guy."

"I'm not shooting a random person with a taser, stark." Bailey said, "but this is absolutely insane.. im not even supposed to be in battle, just a medic."

"Well, you never know when you'll need it." He said, "it's also pure vibranium, the last of it that we have actually.. so take care of it."

Bailey nodded, pressing the button again and retracting the staff. "Yes sir." She smiled, sticking it into the pocket of her cargo pants he had given her. "But how'd you find out I said yes to this anyways?"

"Word gets around fast when a ladies going into battle." Howard said, "you my friend, are making history."

Bailey smiled, lifting the box along with everything inside. "Well, I have to get the the med tent, check to see how many men are waiting." She said, "Steve, don't piss anyone else off."

Steve laughed. "Your lucky your scary, bailey." He said.

"Your scared of her?" Howard asked, laughing at the super soldier.

"Uh yeah." Steve said, "you've got no idea what she's really capable of. She's been training with Barnes for so long now, But she doesn't show the muscle she's gained."

Howard nodded. "So your basically telling me not to piss her off?"

"I'm telling you that, and to not piss Bucky off either. He's a wild man when it comes To her."

Howard nodded again, patting Steve on the back. "Alright then." He said, "now show me those designs you made for your suit."

•••

Bailey stood in the medical tent after dropping her box off in her bunk, working on stitching up a mans wound. The men in there tried desperately to flirt with her, but she ignored them.

"The names Gilmore by the way." The man she was stitching up said, "Gilmore hodge."

Bailey nodded, not making eye contact. "I've heard about you, hodge."

The man smirked. "All good things I assume?"

"Nope." Bailey said, "I've actually heard your an asshole."

The other men in the tent began to laugh and bailey shut Gilmore up, but he was beginning to get pissed.

"Who told you that?" He asked, "you've been here for a day, how could you possibly know that?"

Bailey shrugged, keeping her eyes on the wound. "I might've only been here a day, but I know a whole lot of people." She said, "your familiar with agent Carter I assume? Or, that's right, you called her queen Victoria."

The men began to laugh again as hodge went completely silent.

"That's right, now don't try your tricks on me." Bailey said, "because in the end, I'm the one that's under control of your life right now."

Gilmore's eyes went wide. "What are you gonna do?! Kill me?!" He began to freak out.

Bailey smirked, knowing she was getting into his head now. "I could if I wanted to." She said, "but your safe for now. Just stop flirting with me or else you'll become less lucky."

"Y-yes ma'am."