18

Bailey sat with the whole troop of men for hours, learning more and more about each of them. Turns out Bucky was right though.. they're all idiots. But the good kind.

"Let's go for a walk." Bucky whispered to Bailey, noticing the entire group of men were very drunk.

"What about them?" Bailey asked with a small chuckle, looking at the drunk men. "They're-"

"They're alright." Bucky said, kissing her cheek and standing from his seat. "Come on."

Bailey smiled and stood up from her seat as well, taking Bucky's hand and making their way to the exit. Before they left, bailey stopped next to Steve. "We are getting out of here. Your a big girl now, make sure those guys don't get themselves killed." She joked.

Steve sighed. "I'm a going to ignore that you just called me a big girl." He said, nudging Bucky's arm. "You guys be careful too."

Bucky smirked. "Yeah yeah, we'll be fine." He said, slinging his arm around baileys shoulders. "Get these idiots out of here before they get kicked out."

Steve nodded, watching as his friends walked out, then looked back at the drunk men. He was a little upset that he couldn't get drunk because of the serum, but didn't mind it since he had a better chance of survival.

•••

"James Buchanan Barnes where the hell are we going?" Bailey asked with a small laugh as the two of them walked hand in hand down the empty road. "It's like one in the morning."

Bucky smiled, pulling her to the side of the road, and sat them both down on the bench. "I just wanted to get you alone so we can have a normal conversation." He said, "I missed my bailey girl."

"Yeah yeah, alright buckaroo." Bailey smirked, ruffling his hair. "I missed my Bucky boy too." She smiled, her head laying on his shoulder. "But tell me all about this war so far."

Bucky nodded, putting his arm over baileys shoulder, smiling as their skin made contact. "Well, the first month was alright, the second one we lost a lot of men and it was definitely the hardest one, then the Third hydra happened." He said, "they were pretty brutal in hydra. They did some experiments on me just before Steve came in and got us out. I felt like absolute shit and could barely remember what was going on."

Bailey frowned, lifting her head to look up at Bucky. "Well, your ok now right?" She asked, "because if your not we can talk about it."

Bucky looked down to baileys emerald eyes as the moon light shone into them. "No, I'm ok now." He said, giving her a kiss. "But you have explaining to do too. Why didn't you mention anything about the serum?"

"Oh.. uh.. well.." Bailey stuttered. "It kinda just happened really. After you left to do whatever it was you do, I went to the lab to find Howard and he said he had one vile of it left and needed a female test subject."

"Why didn't he get agent Carter to do it?"

"Because she told him no." Bailey said, "I just.. I don't know, I thought it would be good so no one else can get it and use it as a weapon. If hydra got their hands in the serum, we'd be doomed."

Bucky nodded, kissing the top of her head. "Next time.. maybe think about it for a little bit." He said, "I seriously can't leave you alone for an hour, huh."

Both bailey and Bucky smirked, standing up from the bench. "Can we go back to the camp, I'm tired." Bailey asked, "also, those side effects Howard talked about and starting to kick in."

"Side effects?" Bucky asked, looking her up and down. "You look alright though."

Bailey nodded. "Yeah, well my head just started to literally bang in pain." She said, "your a strong man, how about you carry me back. Get that exercise in." She smirked, putting her arms up.

Bucky sighed, lifting bailey up. "Wait." He said, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around her. "Your arms are freezing." He smirked, lifting her back up and walking.

It took them about half an hour to get back to the camp, Bucky's arms growing to be extremely tired, but he wouldn't let her walk. "Come on." He said, laying her down on her uncomfortable bed that the camp provided. "Get some sleep, darling. I'll see you in the morning."

"Alright." Bailey whispered, her head feeling like it was going to explode. "Cheek on Steve for me, make sure he got everyone back safe."

Bucky smiled, kissing her forehead. "Alright you worry wart." He whispered, leaving the room and walking to his own bunk.

Bailey laid there for a second just smiling. This is the most at home she's felt since both Bucky and Steve left, which is strange because they were no where near home.