Chapter 18: Hardened Warrior

(Y/N's pov)

(Y/N's thoughts): My first fight is over. Bakugo was strong enough, I guess. *sigh* I thought fighting him was gonna make me feel better but... now I just feel like shit.

(Flashback)

Bakugo: You may have helped us at the USJ, but you haven't changed! YOU'RE JUST A MONSTER PRETENDING TO BE A HERO!!!

(End flashback)

(Y/N's thoughts): *grins* Heh, can't say I blame him.

I stood there alone in silence for a minute absorbed in my own thoughts. I was taken back to reality when I heard a strange sound that was similar to... dripping water?

Y/N: The hell? Wait, don't tell me!

I held my hand up to my face and realized that my nose was bleeding again, even more than before. I looked at my now blood covered hand before clenching it tightly and gritting my teeth.

(Y/N's thoughts): Dammit! Don't give out on me yet!

The bleeding eventually stopped and I washed all the blood off of me. I stopped at my locker in the waiting room and grabbed some bandages and my spare shirt before making my way back to the stands. I put my spare shirt on and simultaneously wrapped my burnt arm up before seeing a familiar face.

Y/N: Yo Midoriya. How's it going?

Midoriya: O-Oh, h-hey Y/N. I'm up next so I thought I'd just wait in the waiting room. Also, congrats on your win.

Y/N: Thanks man. I told you there would be fireworks.

Midoriya: I had never seen Kachaan use an explosion that powerful before. Are you sure you're alright?

He gestured to my arm which I had just finished wrapping up.

Y/N: Yeah, doesn't even hurt.

Midoriya: Are you sure you shouldn't see Recovery Girl about it?

Y/N: No way, there's no need to bother her for something like this.

Midoriya: If you say so. I'm going to go wait for my match to start.

Y/N: Good luck out there. I know this is rich coming from me, but don't get yourself killed.

Midoriya: I'll do my best.

(Y/N's thoughts): *sigh* Against Todoroki, I just hope you make it out in one piece.

He headed towards the waiting room and I continued walking towards the stands.

(Arashi pov)

Present Mic: That's it for the first round! Both fighters showed some crazy power but Y/N scored the win and is moving on! Just you wait ladies and gentlemen cause it's only gonna get more wild from here on out! We're taking a quick break then we'll be back with more matches!

Kaminari: Man, it's a good thing Mr. Cementos is here. After Y/N and Bakugo, the ring was pretty much destroyed.

Sero: It's almost unbelievable. Y/N beat him like it was nothing!

Jirou: He didn't place first in the assessment test for nothing.

Mineta: Damn that Y/N, making it all look so easy. I blame it on his stupid overpowered quirk!

Yaoyorozu: Well you obviously weren't paying attention.

Mineta: Huh?

Arashi: She's right, he didn't use his quirk for most of that fight.

Mineta: Wha....?!

Yaoyorozu: Though I have noticed that his quirk seems a little... off.

Arashi: What do you mean?