The Adventure Begins

Hi guys!! Welcome to this story!!

Last year, I posted the first few chapters of this story before I deleted them. The reason was because I still had my story Closer and I felt as if the two stories were too similar. However, Closer has been deleted and this is more like a rewrite of Closer and the original Into the Void combined together.

THIS ONE WILL NOT BE DELETED!

I do hope you all enjoy it! There will be adventure, bickering, romance, and of course angst!

A few things first:

- Pan is Goku and Chi-Chi's child. Why? Because this is an AU and I can.

- This is obviously a Trunks x Pan fanfic. The story will be revolved around the two of them. More couples might make an appearance later on. If you don't like Trupan, I recommend that you go find yourself another story.

- This will be my ONLY time saying this - I OWN NOTHING DRAGON BALL, DRAGON BALL Z, OR DRAGON BALL GT. I am simply a fanfic writer who enjoys writing fanfics for her OTP.

ENJOY!!

1 - The Adventure Begins

Pan Son would be Trunks Brief undoing. He could see it now. The girl was going to make him lose his mind.

Trunks had already been in a bad mood. It wasn't the fact that he had to spend an entire year in space hunting for Dragon Balls. It was the fact that he had been forced into the mission. His mother had left him no ultimatum. He was half-Saiyan, so he had the strength, and he would be the only person other than her that could operate the spaceship. Therefore, he had to be a part of this mission.

He was still steaming over the fact that at twenty-four, he seemed to have no say-so over his life when he and Goku had walked onto the ship. Trunks had gone to the control room to distract his mind, and there she sat in the pilot chair. He hadn't even had time to ask her what she was doing before she pressed the launch button.

The force and surprise of the takeoff had sent Trunks tumbling to the floor. From the other room, Goku was screaming in shock, and Pan was laughing - actually laughing!

For several minutes, the ship rattled as it broke through the earth's atmosphere, and when Trunks could finally stand, he was shaking. He wasn't sure if it was from adrenaline or rage as he narrowed his eyes at Pan.

"Well, that was a woozy! Who knew this ship had such a kick?" Pan asked with a laugh as she jumped up from the chair.

Trunks felt his jaw clenching. Was this just a game to her?

"Trunks!" Goku yelled as he ran into the control room. "Are we in space?! Goten's not on yet, and - PANNY?!" He gasped as he finally spotted her. 

"Hi, Papa!" Pan's grin stretched across her face as she waved.

"What the hell did you do?!" Trunks finally managed to hiss out.

"What do you mean?" Pan blinked at him. She had the nerve to look innocent. "I started the mission! The sooner we find the Dragon Balls, the better!"

"We?" Goku asked, his eyes wide with shock.

"Mhm!" Pan nodded as she placed her hands on her hips. "Of course, Goten was supposed to be on as well, but -" she shrugged. "Oh, well."

Trunks had had enough. He let out a growl, "out of my way!" He shoved Pan to the side as he stormed to the controls. Frantically, he searched them.