Chapter 59: back

Months had passed since that day and Legolas had gone back to Mirkwood for Prince duties. Aerin didn't mind, she knew he was returning to Rivendell soon. Around the time he left, Aerin returned back to her home with her father and the Elves that he sent to the Wedding. The wedding was magnificent. Arwen wore a long white dress that had a really long trail, pearl earrings that belonged to their mother and a beautiful circlet embellished with loads of small diamonds. That was three months ago. Aerin was now fast asleep in her childhood bedroom in Rivendell. She was wrapped in one of Legolas' coats. She missed him dearly and it was the only thing she had of his. She was having a wonderful dream when she heard a voice coming from her bedroom door. ''Ollo vae? (Sweet dreams?) I hope you dream of me only, meleth nin (my love).''

''Legolas?'' Aerin replied instantly recognising the sweet voice.

The door was ajar, and he stepped in. He looked a bit travel-worn - his hair all ruffled and his face still wind-pinched. Even his bow was still on his back. He had just come back. And he came to see her first. He was setting his bow down on a small table near the door now. He looked so handsome. ''Aye. Have you missed me?'' Aerin hadn't been aware how much she'd missed him. He sat on the bed right next to her, and stroked her hair and touched her face and Aerin melted before he could even kiss her on the lips. It was almost too hard to pull back when he kissed her. ''You have no idea how much,'' Aerin said quietly. He smiled. ''I travelled as fast as I could. I missed you so,'' he kissed me again, ''I couldn't wait to kiss you again. You have witchcraft in your lips, Aerin.'' Aerin smiled. 'My handsome prince,'' she smiled again at the sight of him, both of her hands on his cheeks. He was so beautiful, and he was hers only. ''How is Mirkwood?'' She asked, ''Have you had any trouble?'' Legolas looked down before he answered, ''Mirkwood is almost unrecognisable,'' he smiled, ''I had no problems traveling through.''

''I'm glad. And? How was home?'' Aerin smiled, as she had never been to Mirkwood. ''Did you enjoy your short time there, my love?'' Legolas sighed,  ''I hardly had a day to enjoy. There was much to do and discuss. If it's ruling business and military matters, spare me.'' He laughed and kissed Aerin again. ''As I planned to.''

''Come to bed,'' She said. He raised an eyebrow and Aerin laughed out loud. ''Just pull your boots off and come here.'' He got rid of his boots and his cloak and all things unnecessary and lay next to her. Aerin snuggled up to him immediately, her head on his chest, his heartbeat in her ear, his smell almost lulling her back to sleep. He chuckled at the way she nuzzled his neck. His fingers were playing with her hair as they so often used to. All was well with the world. ''And how have you spent these days, my princess?''

''Travelling, mostly. I went with Éomer to Dol Amroth. Seems like we're having another wedding.'' Aerin laughed. ''Oh, really?'' Legolas replied. Aerin nodded and kissed his neck. ''Éomer is as in love as a boy.'' He grinned. ''Well, I'm glad. I'm glad that he has found himself a Queen, and I'm also glad you're no longer in his mind.'' Aerin punched his chest playfully. ''Stop being jealous.'' He chuckled. ''I have been very jealous. That night when I saw you, well... I thought I would go mad.'' Aerin raised her head to look at him. ''So you were angry with me after all! Huh!''

''Well, I couldn't have really told you back then, could I?''Aerin  shrugged in response. ''It doesn't matter. It's sort of sweet,'' she smiled, ''To think I had already fallen in love with you before that even happened.'' He pulled her back into his embrace. ''Well, now we're here."