Chapter 11: Bye Dimitrescu

"Flesh, bones, I will devour all of you!"
Dimitrescu grabs Ethan and I by the arms and flies us to another area. She throws us onto ground right by a set of stairs.
Ethan stands up and moves to help me up.
"Looks like your outside matches your inside now, psycho witch."
Ethan pulls out the sniper and starts to shoot Dimitrescu's body. She flails around for a second before coming at us to attack.
"You'll die a painful death!"
We shoot her a bit until she moves away from us.
"I will destroy you!" She starts to laugh loudly.
"You're a lucky couple, Winters! Besides Miranda, you're the only one to ever see me in this form. Too bad you'll pay for it... with your lives! I will never forgive you two! Too late for regrets! I'll crush you, you scum! I'll tear you limb from limb! Disgusting garbage! How dare you talk about saving your daughter when you've murdered mine!? You human pests! You would take everything from me!? I'll crush you! You can't escape! Like hell you'll kill me! Eat you... I'll eat you! Agh, just give up! Your daughter belongs to us, now! Rose is our only hope! We won't hand her over to the likes of you! Not enough blood! More! More blood! I need your flesh! You've got nowhere else to go, Ethan and (Y/n)! Come now, don't be shy. Show me your terror! Now... time to die! I'll eat you up, every last morsel! Die! Die! Damn you, Winters!"
At this point we've moved up the stairs and we're shooting her when we could. I had my handgun out and shot her when she was close enough while Ethan shot her with the sniper.
We shoot her a few more times when she jumps onto the platform we are on. Because of how big she is the floor broke and we all fell.
"It's too late... you'll never see your Rose again... Succumb to your despair!"
We were falling fast. Ethan grabbed me and turned us so he was below me. When we finally reached the floor Ethan and I both landed on top of Dimitrescu's who was quickly dying.
"Curse you!" She breathed out before turning into stone.
"You're the one who's cursed." Ethan states as he moves away from her.
I move away from her too but quickly walk back when I see a crystallised torso inside of her.
"Ooo more moneyyy"
"That's what you have to say after a fight with her?" Ethan laughs out.
"We'll I'm still in shock so yeah" I laugh with him.
Ethan turns around and sees a glowing yellow jar. We walk towards it slowly. Ethan looks to me like he was waiting for me to approve picking it up. I nod my head and watch as he reaches his hand over and picks up the jar.
Once the jar is lifted the wall moves and leads to the outside.
"Looks like we're getting outta this place."
"Fucking finally" I quickly say as I push past him and walk outside.
I hear Ethan laugh a bit behind me before running to catch up to me.
-------------------
We were inside a house now looking around for any supplies. I found a note and read it to Ethan.
"I finished that item that was requested.
Please deliver it to the house with the red chimney. Go through the caves to the ruins, then down into the village."
After I read the note we headed out and look for the cave entrance but it was blocked. The bridge was also drawn so we couldn't cross. I was looking around when I heard Ethan's gun go off.
"What the- Ethan what the hell!"
"I shot the lock off"
I smacked my hand to my face.
"And you told me I would alert people" I rolled my eyes softly and walked to the gate that Ethan had just opened.
-------------------
As we were walking through the caves I heard a woman whispering. I put my arm up to signal Ethan to stop moving as I tried to listen to what was being said.
I couldn't hear her that well so I creeped forward slowly.
"As the midnight moon rises on black wings, we await the light at the end... In life and in death, glory to Mother Miranda."
I walked into the room seeing the old woman from earlier. When Ethan saw her though, he was quick to yelling at her.
"Hey, remember us? We almost died up at that castle! Tell me what is going on around here?"
"How can someone be "almost" dead? That's a question for the wise."
"You know what he means. And we still haven't found Rose. Where did Mother Miranda take her?"
She cackles before speaking.
"You're too late! Or maybe..."almost" too late? The child will be sacrificed. Life for life."
Ethan gets closer to her like he was about to kill her.
"What kind of sick medieval shit is this? She's just a baby!"
"The crests of the four bloodlines may open the path you seek."
"Will you please stop talking in riddles you crazy old bat!? I just want to find our daughter." I was starting to get really impatient with her shenanigans.
"It's only a riddle if you don't know the answer. " she laughs again.
I noticed a carving in the wall and started to shout at her before she left.
"Wait a second, that looks familiar. Hey! Hey, wait!"
She just leaves and shuts the door behind her. I shook my head and looked to the wall. There were four crests on the wall. A mermaid, sun and moon, a monster head and a horse head with a horse shoe. In the middle of the four there was an umbrella. I turned back to the box the old woman was staring at and saw Ethan picking up a strange looking key.
We walk out of the cave and into and new snowy area.
"Woah...this place really is beautiful, too bad there's so many crazy munsters." I giggle at the way I say 'monsters' but don't hear Ethan.
"Ethan?"
I turn to look at him and see he's standing there in thought with tears in his eyes.
"Ethan what's wrong?" I walk over to him and take his hands into mine. They were warm which was a bit strange seeing the climate we were in but then again the cave was fairly warm.
"(Y/n)...I can't lose the two most important people to me" he sniffs.
"Oh Ethan! You won't...I promise" I lock my pinkie with his. He smiles down to them and looks back up to me.
"I don't know what I would do without you"
"Probably live a boring life" I shrug before I laugh a little and pull him into a hug.
"I love you Ethan" I whisper into his chest.
"And we will get Rose and get out of here...ok?"
"Ok...I love you too, just please...please don't get hurt"
"Pshhh you know I won't" I laugh quietly again.
'I won't let anything get in the way of me and my family living happily'
-------------------
Hi everyoneee! I'm sorry for the short chapter and I will definitely make tomorrow's longer but I just wanted to make sure I had a chapter out today :)) love ya all and thank you so so much for the support <3