A New Chance

"Your majesty" the doctor greets as I enter to his office "What can I do for you?" he asks "I need to know the condition of my husband" I answer "We managed to get the bullet out, control the excessive bleeding, but his majesty lost a lot of blood, he is in his most critical, we did our best, now he has to fight" he answers and I sigh "I am sorry, I can not bring you more joyful news, your majesty" he says "You did what you could, but besides of knowing about my husband's health, I need something else from you" I say and he bows "I think I am pregnant, I need you to confirm it" I say "Of course, come with me, your majesty" he says and I follow him out of his office.

"Darling" Her royal majesty calls as she hurries to my side "You royal majesty" I call back "Are you alright?" she asks and I nod "Just check up, nothing to worry about" I say and she cries "I can't believe this is happening to me, how much I must suffer? Wasn't his dead enough?" she says and I hug her, how can I forgotten about her, she is the one suffering the most "My poor son, suffering the same fate of his father, because he stood for what was right, because he wanted to do good, what's best for Bameth" she says as she cries, I fight my tears, Jabril is in the verge of death, because he listened to me.

"At least I know who murdered my husband" she says as she sits down and I look at her "My husband and my son murdered by the same man" she says as she cries "The man I trusted both of their lives" she says and I sigh, Johnson killed King Reginald "He killed my son so he can keep his damn illegal business running, because if my son dies, there isn't a heir, the parliament would die, before they allow a woman without a husband to rule Bameth, we are so doomed" she says as she cries.

"He is not gone yet, I know he will not die, he has to live, for you, for me, and for our baby" I say and she looks at me "Baby?" she asks "I am not sure, the doctor just made all the test necessary to know" I say as the doctor enters the room "Richard, please tell me you bring us some good news" her royal majesty says to the doctor "Indeed, your majesty, your suspensions are confirmed, you are pregnant" he says and I feel the roller coaster of emotions taking over, I want to smile, I want to cry, I am worried, the list is long "I was poisoned, has this affected the baby?" I ask "I doubt it, your majesty, but will closely monitor your pregnancy just in case, please, wait here for a nurse, she will take you to another room to perform a sonogram, so we can get more detail" he says and I nod. 

"You only have a minute" the nurse says as she stops the chair next to my husband's bed "Thank you" I say, she bows and exits the room. I grab Jabril's hand "You need to live" I say as I fight my tears "You have to fight, because I can't do this on my own, I can't rule a nation and raise a kid, I need you, Jabril, this baby needs it's father, you need to fight, you can't give them the satisfaction, you can't allow them to win, you can't allow you cousin to take over, if you die, what would be of us?" I say as I give in and cry "Please, fight for us" I say as I squeeze his hand.

"It's is time, your majesty" the nurse says and I nod as I kiss my husband's hand "Get better" I say as the nurse pushes my chair out of the room.

"Here you are" the doctor says and I frown as he starts to press buttons on the machine "Based on the measurements you have 7 weeks of pregnancy, your majesty" he adds "There isn't anything wrong with my baby?" I ask "No, I don't see anything wrong, I believe the poison didn't do any damage, but as Doctor Richard said, we need to keep closely monitor your pregnancy" he answers and I nod "Also, it is not one, but two babies" he adds and I look at him "Look, he flips the monitor towards my direction and points at the the two little beans in the screen "Oh" I say "Two babies" I add.

"Are you ready to hear you babies heart?" he asks and I nod.

**BUM** **BUM** **BUM** 

Tears pile up in my eyes "Those are my babies" I say and the technician nods "Wow" I say as I cry, I wish that I could share this moment with Jabril "Can you record that sound?" I ask "Of course, your majesty" he answers "I even want a picture of my babies" I say and he nods as he obeys my command.