nine - windows

!!chapter 88 spoilers!!

"Atsushi, close the window, it's cold," Kunikida ordered.

Atsushi gazed at the window. The same window Ryuu would climb in through to have tea or lunch with him.

 He sighed, he knew that he was dead but he still wishes he could have saved him. Or do at least something, in the end, Chuuya helped defeat the mastermind, and Dazai got busted out of jail by the redhead as well. Not literally, he just used his Port Mafia Executive title and demanded that they let Dazai go.

In the end, Atsushi really only weakened the enemy for the others.

He got up and closed the window as Kunikida had said. He sighed again and fought back tears.

"I'm sorry, Atsushi," Kunikida said, placing a hand on Atsushi's shoulder. Atsushi just nodded as Kunikida walked out of the office with Dazai to go complete an assignment.

Atsushi glanced at the clock and realized that it was lunchtime. Great. That totally helped him.

He looked back out the window and saw clouds forming in the sky. He thought back to one of the last conversations that he and Ryuu had. They were talking about their favorite kind of weather. Ryuu's had been raining or thunderstorms, while Atushi's had been sunny and warm.

I hope it rains today, he thought, going back to working on his report.

lol reference!!

Word count: 230