four - juliet

Akutagawa liked to think of thoughts as if they were clouds. Some were like storms, causing panic and stress, some were small and fluffy, causing nice feelings. 

 Akutagwa didn't really understand the nice kind of clouds. He didn't understand how they made him feel. The thoughts were nice but he couldn't always remember what they were, or what they were about. 

Of course, this was because he didn't have them often. The thoughts he had normally were large, dull clouds. The ones that covered the entire sky in an ugly gray. In his opinion, those always made the day lame.

Today in particular had those kinds of clouds. It was a day he had a mission with the jinko. Right now he's walking to the meetup stop. It was an easy mission, all they had to do was look into some intel from a neighboring gang. Akutagawa didn't even know why the jinko was on this mission. 

Working with Atsushi was slowly getting more tolerable every time. Even though he is still jealous that Atsushi has Dazai's training, he's working on not relying on his approval. 

He saw Atsushi at the meet-up, he seemed to be gazing into the sky.

I wonder what he's thinking about, Akutagwa thought as he approached him. 

"Hey, are you ready?" 

Atsushi jumped at the sudden greeting, "Oh hi Ryu, yeah I'm ready," 

"Good," Akutagawa said bluntly and walked past Atsushi. 

Atsushi ran to catch up to him and they walked in silence. 

—after the mission cuz I'm lazy—

Atsushi coughed up some blood and whipped his mouth, Akutagawa standing ways in front of him, putting his coat back on. The mission was harder than they both thought and Atsushi had to use Akutagawa's coat to attack. 

Akutagawa gazed at Atsushi as the sun set behind him, small fluffy clouds painting some parts of the sky. 

Word count: 323 

Kudos to you if you can catch the cuteness in the ending