Donna Beneviento x Guardian reader

Request by Shizuka__ka

Note : In this one shot, Donna has the hanahaki disease. This is a fictional disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies.

You were assigned to protect Lady Beneviento since she constantly isolantes herself from the others. At first Donna saw you as a cold distant person but she realised days by days you really cared about her. She fall in love with you but never had the courage to tell you. Thinking you will never love her back, at least that's what she thought ...

/ Donna had never been used to be around people. Even at the time where her parents were alive, she didn't have any friends or wasn't communicating a lot. A lot of reasons  explained why she was like this. Shy and quiet personality and people being mean and doing mockeries. Needless to say that Donna wasn't the social type, and the death of her parents didn't help.
One day though, a guardian was assigned to her : You. Apparently your family served hers for centuries but your family moved away after some time. Donna didn't hear about you or your family at all, or maybe she forgot a lot of things since the death of her parents. So when she heard the news, being skeptical was her first reaction. She had not been in contact with people for years, and no one had been in her house since the tragic event. Being a little afraid and surprised about the news was so quite understandable. But she tried to see positive, saying to herself that you were here to protect her, that both of your families knew each others so you couldn't be someone with bad intentions\

Hello Lady Beneviento, I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Here to serve you and protect you.

/ The first time she saw you, she had butterflies in her stomach. You were just beautiful/handsome. You had beautiful (H/C) (H/L) hair, bright (E/C) eyes, soft (S/C). Your body was of course strong due to you being a guardian. And your voice were comforting.
But your personality was otherwise. In Donna's eyes, you seemed to be cold and quiet. You didn't talk too much and with Donna's shyness, it was quite difficult for both of you to have conversations. Because of that, the dollmaker was always hesitating to talk to you. She was always afraid to disturb you or to annoy you. And to be honest, she was a bit intimidated by you. Sure Donna could intoxicate you with her flowers or send the dolls after you, but you had this courage that was making you .. stronger. To put it in a nutshell, even though she wanted to talk to you, she never dared.
Until one day everything changed. That day, you and Donna were inside the house. She was sewing dresses for her dolls while you were looking out of the window, holding your gun tightly. The silence was long and heavy until it was broken by animal grunts and frantic footsteps. Lycans... many Lycans. And they didn't look to be passing by. More agressive\

(Y/N) : Stay inside ! I'll take care of those.

/ You came out of the house and started to fight the Lycans. It was easy enough for you but suddenly a Lycan went to attack Donna. You arrived in time to kill him but you were still injured in the stomach.
After the Lycans finally left, Donna started to heal you\

Donna : You could have been killed ...

(Y/N) : I'm here to protect you my lady. I will never forgive myself if something happenned to you ..

Donna : O Oh .. I would have never thought you ... cared about me.

(Y/N) : Of course I care about you ! Why wouldn't I ? I know I may be a little distant but I wanted to stay professionnel to not fail your protection.