Chapter 37 - Crack

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked as I poured myself a cup. Today was their first playoff game and Kyle had been up early to review their gameplays and go over their opponents' tapes again. I watched as he scribbled down some notes next to a specific defenseman before his head turned up.

"What?" he asked confusingly, probably only registering that I had spoken now.

"I asked if you wanted coffee," I chuckled, walking towards him and wrapping my arms around his large chest from behind. Kyle looked up at me, reaching his hand to rest on my forearm as he drew circles.

"That'd be great," he answered with a smile. I leaned down to peck him on the lips, before detaching myself and making him a coffee.

I placed the steamy cup of goodness in front of him. I watched over his shoulder as he went over a few notes. I knew he took a lot of time working on his physical shape, but he had also reminded me in the past that gameplay and being game smart were just as important.

"Do you want to run some of the plays with me?" I asked hoping I could help him as I had done in the past. He reached out for my hand, giving it a light squeeze.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he flattered. I shook my head playful before he started telling me what he had learned about the other team's play and players so far.

Running plays my ass. Yes, I know it mostly was him going over his things and me listening but at least it helped him.

We continued for most of the morning, before splitting ways. I was amazed by the man in front of me. Not only was he kind, generous, and unfairly good-looking, he was also ambitious and hard working.

I spent the afternoon with Alisson, Marketa and Yolande that had come down for the occasion. Since I wasn't cheering on the field anymore, I had spent quite a few hours with Samuel's sister in the stands. She was a really funny girl and I enjoyed every minute of her company.

I found out she was also a business management major and we discussed a few companies. She would be looking for an internship at the end of the academic year. I told her I'd put in a good word for her with Sandra.

God knows it would be nice to have more friendly faces in that office.

-----

As expected from a playoff game, as soon as we enter the stadium, Yolande and I could feel the electricity of the crowd. The stadium was packed full of both Beacon's fans and Jet's fans. I waved at both Marketa and Alisson that were dancing just in front of us for this game.

Alisson had been doing much better since the day we picked up her things. Talking to Miriam seemed to have helped her take a large step in her recovery. The psychologist she was seen was doing miracles in her state of mind. She started looking for apartments last week and had just found a perfect apartment just between Marketa and my home. We were planning on helping her move her things tomorrow afternoon.

Somehow after, being fired, being assaulted, and placed under the magnifying glass of the media, I was finally starting to get my groundings. The little ones were fun to teach dance to, Sandra had started to give me more responsibilities and Kyle and I were better than ever before.

The game started with the Bears having the ball. They were on the twelve's yard line and had quite a bit to run back up. Yet at their quarterback threw, their plans went to shits. One of our defensemen intercepted it. I screamed so loud I'm sure Yolande's ears were bleeding, but this game could not have started any better for our team.

I watched as Kyle, Samuel and the rest of the offense team came running onto the field fist-bumping their teammate for the unexpected interception.