Chapter 4: The Birthday

Ryan's POV

It's been 2 months since we left. Turns out, Klaus was on the hunt for werewolves, and dragged us along with him. He was trying to make more of him. More hybrids.

I know it's wrong, but Klaus and I had grown quote close. I don't think my brother liked that. Ever since that night in the motel room, I felt as though I could trust him. I trusted him with the story of Emilio and Desdemona. Why? I don't know. But what I do know, is that I felt as though Klaus and I became friends.

We were in Tenesse. It was dark out. We were infront of a house. Someone came out of the front door.

"Rudy. Rudy! Come one. It's too hot to make me come looking for you," the woman called out. I stood a quite far away, as Klaus appeared right infront of the woman, startling her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," Klaus apologised in a fake American accent with a fake smile.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"Yeah, my, uh...my car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I've come to. I was hoping I could use your phone," Klaus lied.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" The woman questioned.

"Heh. Yeah. Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone," Klaus claimed, even though I wasn't sure if he was lying or not. I was too far away.

"Sure," the woman agreed.

"So...I can come in?" Klaus fished, still in the American accent.

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," the lady informed Klaus.

"I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting," Klaus commented, dropping the fake accent.

"I'm from Florida," the woman stated.

"Well, that explains it," Klaus realised before rushing over and choking the woman and compelling her, "Now, show me a little Southern hospitality. Sweet Pea."

I followed closely behind them as I entered the house. Another woman was in the kitchen, doing washing up.

"I bet you $100 that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," the other woman (we'll call her Betty) betted. She turned around and saw Klaus holding the first woman (we'll call her Sweat Pea) by the doorway.

"What's going on?" Betty asked Klaus, not yet seeing me behind them.

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here," Klaus stated.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly," Betty claimed.

"But I expect he makes it home once a month," Klaus claimed, slowly walking forward and bringing Sweat Pea with him, "That's what I thought. Where is he now? If I have to make you tell me...it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Heh."

Betty made a break for the door. However, we were already prepared for that. Stefan was wiating by the door, stood up and ready. Klaus had turned my brother into a ripper and, like usual, I could see why he did it. Stefan is "best" as a ripper. He's more careless and violent.

When we reached the front door, we could see how much Betty was freaking out.

"I love it when they run," Klaus claimed. We kept walking towards Betty, Sweat Pea still in Klaus' grasp.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort, it's off Highway 41," Betty told us.

"Thank you, my love," Klaus thanked Betty before turning to Sweat Pea and playing with her hair, "Now...may my friend come in and play?"