Chapter 11: Know Thy Enemy

Elena's POV

Standing on the other side of the door, Isobel was there. Elena was holding the door open. I felt frozen. Why was she here? What was she doing?

"Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again," Isobel greeted. I immediately knew this was not going to go well. Jenna turned to face me, the twinkle of betrayal in her eyes.

"Again?" She questioned, her voice sounding hurt. I walked closer to the door. I looked at Jenna, opening my mouth to say something but closing it. I repeated this action a lot. I didn't know what to say or do.

"So, you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?" Isobel acknowledged Jenna. I quickly turned towards Elena.

"No, no. Don't. Don't invite her in," I told Jenna. If Jenna invited Isobel in, she'd have access to my house. She'd be able to get in and hurt my friends and family. I didn't trust her one bit.

"I need to talk to you, Elena," Isobel repeated calmly.

"No," I told her and slammed the door in my birth mother's face. Questions ran through my head. I turned around and looked down, breathing heavily. I had forgotten my aunt was there. I looked into her eyes, which held tears. She looked so hurt and betrayed. A tear ran down her cheek.

"You knew she was still alive?" Jenna asked me, not believing how I didn't tell her. Her voice sounded so sad and betrayed. She bit her lip as I didn't reply.

"And Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna asked. Her voice sounded more angry, but still broken. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

"I can explain everything, Jenna," I offered.

"No," she told me and then began to leave.

"No, Jenna, please," I begged as the tears began to fall. I ran after her. She ran up the stairs and I followed behind her.

"Jenna, please," I pleaded. She went into her room and slammed the door shut.

"Wait. Jenna. Jenna, please wait," I begged, tugging at the door handle.

"Jenna you have to talk to me. I need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please," I begged and pleaded. I gave up, the tears flowing freely down my face.

...

Ryan's POV

I woke up in the morning and refreshed. I looked back to my normal self and you wouldn't be able to tell I had cried all of the previous day.

I was sitting on the couch, reading a book, sitting next to Katherine, when I heard footsteps travelling down the stairs.

"Isobel just showed up on the front doorstep," Stefan said, rather loud.

"What's she doing here?" Damon questioned.

"I don't know. That's what I'm going to go find out," Stefan told Damon. Katherine stood up and exited the room, and I followed behind her.

"I don't think you should tell her I'm here," Katherine stated as we walked out infront of my brothers.

"What? Why?" Stefan asked.

"It's better if she and John not know I stayed in town after I got out," she told us. I trusted Katherine, so I nodded my head in understanding.

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John, almost got me killed," Damon stated. Katherine made a deal with John to convince Damon to kill Elijah. However, I knew she thought that Damon wasn't going to be the one to kill Elijah, and that it would most likely be Elijah. She wasn't lying when she told me that.