Chapter 2: Rose

Ryan's POV

When I woke up, I was tied to a chair, secured by vervain soaked ropes. I rolled my eyes, since it wasn't the first time I had woken up like this and it wouldn't be the last. Elena was on the couch beside me, unconscious, while her arms were tied with ropes.

Elena began to stir. There was a guy beside her, he was alright looking, but I didn't think he was gay and I wouldn't have gone for him anyway.

I could smell the blood from Elena, but I had amazing self-control. I could see the look that the gut had on his face. It was full of hunger and determination. He started to untie Elena, with a murderous glint in his eyes. I began to pick at the rope holding me down. One arm was already free since they didn't put enough vervain on them, or even tie them tight enough.

"What do you want?" Elena asked, still laying on the couch.

"Shhh," the man shushed Elena.

"Please, I'm hurt," Elena pleaded. I got ready to attack the vampire if he made one move against my younger brother's ex-girlfriend who was also the love of his life.

"I know," the vampire admitted.

"Then help her, dick," I spoke up, startling both. Elena, because she didn't realise I was there, and the hot vampire because he didn't know I was awake yet. He glared at me, before deciding to ignore my comment and continue untying Elena's arms. His vampire face came out.

"Just a taste," He claimed, going towards Elena. Before he could, I took my free arm out and punched him in the face.

"Sorry if I hurt your face, but I'm not," I commented sarcastically. The Vampire hissed at me, going towards me, clearly angry with the attack.

"Trevor. Control yourself," a familiar voice demanded the vampire, who I now knew as Trevor. I turned to face the owner of the voice, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Ah, Rose. Good to see you again, how have you been?" I asked her, not really caring and running through different scenarios of me killing her. Painfully. Trevor got up, and walked away. Elena looked at me, wondering how I knew our captors.

"Ryan. I see you're still sarcastic and alive," Rose observed, rolling her eyes before turning to Elena. I scoffed, faking offense.

"Rose, I see you still have horrendous hair," I insulted back. Rose just ignored me.

"What do you want with me?" Elena asked the female vampire. Rose started walking towards Elena, so I ripped my other arm free, and stood up, standing protectively infront of her.

"I think she can see and hear you from over there, thank you," I commented, sarcastically. Elena seemed innocent and quite kind, so I wasn't going to let her die or be hurt any more than she was already. Rose just snapped my neck.

Elena's POV

I gasped as Stefan's brother's body fell to the floor with a thud, temporarily dead.

"My god. You look just like her," Rose's voice stated. I took a weary look towards Ryan. If he didn't trust her, I certainly didn't. Besides, she was comparing me to Katherine.

"But I'm not. Please whatever you--," I started, just wanting to go home.

"Be quiet," she demanded. I was persistent though, and I wanted to talk to her, and try to make her let me and Ryan go. He seemed nice, even though he was sarcastic.

"But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert and you don't have to do this," I told her, trying to make her let me go and not mistake me for my doppelgänger. I stood up whilst talking to her.