chapter twenty three.

(sorry i didn't update yesterday, i had to watch mcc lol)

-

the light illuminated in the living room where all the five boys slept. clay was the first one to wake up, of course. somehow he always woke up early without any alarm or signal. it just happened naturally.

it took the blonde a little to adjust and remember all the previous night events. he glanced over to see the brunette laying in his chest, which made him smirk to himself. carefully, he got up making sure not to wake up george. before anyone else could wake up, clay tapped nicks shoulder. but he only got a raspy groan in response from the raven. "dude wake up." clay whispered.

"what time is it?" clay grabbed his phone out of his pocket and glanced at the time. "it's ten, cmon let's go to the store before they wake up." nick didn't budge, still peacefully laying in the couch, "please nick. i need someone else there." still getting a mumble in response, clay shook nick even more, "go with george." nick suggested, "that's actually the only person who i can't go with. please nick i need you, ill pay you back somehow." the last line grabbed some sort of attention from nick which made him get up slowly, "fine let's go."

clay and nick grabbed the car keys quickly leaving, they wanted to be in and out so that george and karl would still be asleep when they returned. "what did you need to get anyway?" clay pulled out the driveway, making his way down the street. "you gonna keep your mouth shut?" nick zipped his lips with his fingers, "im asking george to be my boyfriend tonight. i planned it out last night." nick smiled from his friend finally making his move, "fucking finally!" clay smiled, "says you. how long did it take you to ask out karl?" that seemed to shut nick up.

the two pulled into the store parking lot after about a seven minute drive. both stepping out the car, they make their way into the store. "i need flowers, but i have no idea what to get." the blonde and nick entered to flower area. with a bunch of beautiful bouquets of every color. "dude what the hell do i get?!" clay scanned the flowers very carefully, "why didn't you just ask george what his favorite followers were?" clay rolled his eyes, "yeah, ill just go up to him and ask him what his favorite flowers are because im gonna ask him to be my boyfriend." nick put his hands up, as if he's surrendering.

it took a little, but eventually clay landed his eyes on a beautiful bouquet of blue tulips. the shades of blue varied between each flower, which made it unique than every other. "this is perfect." nick agreed as he walked towards checkout, "where do you think you're going? i still have to get other supplies." nick rolled his eyes as he followed clay to different aisles.

clay was planning on making it a picnic date. old fashioned and everything with baskets and candles. he was planning on picking george's favorite foods, fruits, and candy. it was going to be perfect.

"okay we're done now. the baby doesn't have to stand anymore." clay teased, "very funny clay." they went to checkout, and luckily there was a open line with a female cashier. as they entered the line, the blonde placed the snacks, picnic blanket, basket, and flowers on the checkout divider. the girl eyed the blonde a few times as she scanned the products. "so who's the lucky girl?" the questions caught nick and clay off guard, but the blonde didn't hesitate to respond, "boy. its um a boy." her expression immediately changed, but not in a bad way, more in a comforting way. "oh sorry! good luck with it!" clay payed and smiled back at her, "thanks."

-

the two pulled back into the house driveway. grabbing the bags and slowly walking in. if george noticed what was in the bags the surprise would be all over. but to their surprise the only person on the couch was alex. "can you hide this stuff real quick?" nick nodded leaving the room with all the supplies. luckily before anyone could see nick hiding the things karl came downstairs, "there you are!" clay smiled, but shortly realized that george wasn't next to him, "wheres george?", "shower. oh and he stole your hoodie, before you see it's missing." clay laughed to himself going upstairs to the bathroom.

quietly going up to the door, he could hear the shower was still running, and the brunette was humming a song. slowly he turned the doorknob open. george left it unlocked. clay closed the door behind him, locking so nobody could get in this time. while george was minding his business in the shower clay punched the shower curtain. "BOO!"

"AGH WHAT THE HELL CLAY!" the blonde let out a loud and long wheeze. "im sorry! im sorry! you're just really easy to scare." with that, the brunette put his head the shower to be met with clay. "what are you even doing in here?" but the blonde didn't respond, he just started to slowly take off his shirt. "w-what are you doing?!"

"joining you." you could see georges face turn a shade of pink from the sight of clay taking off his clothes, "is that okay with you?" the brit nodded almost instantly which made the blonde smirk. "okay scoot over."

george stepped back in the shower, awkwardly waiting for clay to join him. before he knew it, clay entreated getting his hair all wet so the blonde strands covered his forehead. "jesus you take really hot showers." the brunette laughed, "and you don't?" clay continued to get himself soaked, "can we go out tonight?" george smiled from his question. those five words would always make his day 1000 times better, "where to?", "it's a surprise. no questions." the brunette smirked, "of course."

(ill just leave you guys on a little cliffhanger 👍)