chapter ten.

george spent the whole night why clay invited him to "chill". it was a simple invite but it didn't feel simple. at least to him. what if clay liked him too? it would sense from all the remarks he's made in the past. but there's only one way to find out.

"dude you ready for the party?!" karl was always the one excited for all the big events. reversely george never really was. "um, i guess..." they all sat down for lunch. the day has been going smoothly so far, which made it amazing. alex nudged him in the shoulder "lighten up george! im a little shy too, but hey it's going to be fun." george gave a reassuring smile from alex' comfort.

there was a comforting silence in between the three. karl suddenly broke it. "hey you guys know that nick guy?" alex nodded, "yeah he's clays best friend."

"well he asked me for my number the other day. but it's not what you think. he said it was just for the party.", "karl yesterday?! why didn't you tell us sooner!" alex and george were both freaking out. assumptions ran through their mind that karl liked nick or nick liked karl. "because it's not a big deal! i don't like him or anything!"

the two didn't believe him. but karl was different when it came to crushes. he would always keep it private. they understood it and decided not to push it.

"alright alright. whatever you say."

and just like that lunch was over. there was just a few classes left in the day which included language arts and math. the two worst classes.

the only thing that kept george motivated in those classes were that they were the last two. so close to the end of the day.

-time skip since were all dying for clay and george's meetup

"hey honey how was school?" george set his backpack down on a stool, "it was good i guess. oh, im going out later just to let you know." his mother shrugged, "you're always leaving to somewhere now."

george let out a chuckle, "that's what happened when you get older mom." his mother walks closer to him, "stop growing up!!" she places many kisses on his cheeks and forehead, "mom stop!" they both laugh together from his reaction. moments like this could always brighten georges day up.

once george got up to his room he decided to facetime karl and alex. they hadn't played minecraft in a while, so he thought it would be nice just to talk to them.

the phone for a little but no answer from karl. "what's up gogy!!" george has never been called that before, but he liked it. "hi! where's karl? i though we could all chat together."

"don't ask me. probably hanging out with nIcK." this caused george to let out a slight chuckle. "whatever."

"so george, what do you think clay wants to talk about?", "beats me. but im getting a vibe he might like me back." alex did the 'oooh' sound as if he actually liked him back.

-

time flew and the clock already read '6:07'. the two were mostly talking about the worst teachers and dumb scenarios. "shit! sorry i have to go in liked thirty minutes." alex hummed a 'okay'. "have fun, but not too much fun. let me know what happens."

george let out a breathily chuckle, "alright alex. let me know if your ever gonna take that beanie off." before alex could protest george hung up the phone.

he decided he was just going to stay in his school clothes. i mean he was wearing sweats and a white shirt. but just in case he threw on a light blue hoodie.

a shock of nervousness hit george as he started driving. what if something happens? or he totally embarrasses himself?

george was met met with the park but he didn't see clay. maybe he was just early? or maybe clay just completely ditched him. george parked and hopped out his car. he still couldn't see the blonde so he decided to wait on the swing.

he hasn't been on one of these since he was a kid but it was nice to experience the swaying again. the small creaks of the swing filled the air and it was a little creepy.

george was about to get off but there was a yell.

"BOO!" george swear his heart almost jumped out of his chest. but shortly after he realized it was just the blonde. george pushed his chest, "what the hell clay! you scared me half to death!" clay wheezed and tears were forming in his eyes, "well that's the point isn't it?"

george rolled his eyes, "there were better ways of approaching me." clay then sat on the swing next to him, "well it seemed like the best option to me. plus it was the perfect opportunity."

george started to swiftly started to go back and forth on the swing. "georgie, swing at the same time as me, alright?" the brunette raised an eyebrow, "why?"
"just do it!" george implied and followed clays movements swinging back and forth. "and why am i doing this?" the blonde gave a smile, "if you swing at the same time it means you're married." george let out a nervous chuckle, "oh? so you want to be married to me?".... "who knows. maybe i do." george knew he was joking but god, he would do anything so he wasn't.

the two talked back and forth just getting to know eachother better. it was soft and genuine unlike all the times in the past at school or what not. they at one point got off the swings and made their way to a field. it was hilly and a perfect place to sit down.

"hey um, george?" the brunette faced clay making eye contact. "yeah?" he could tell clay was nervous about whatever he was going to say, "sorry about um, being a annoying asshole to you before." george smiled from that. it was very unlikely for clay to ever feel some type of sympathy toward him. "it's okay. don't stress yourself about it."

then they made straight eye contact. it was a silence of just staring. but for some reason it wasn't awkward. it felt natural and almost nice.

clay leaned forward slightly. "you know you look really good under the moonlight." the blonde placed a hand on george's pink cheek. he looked up asking george if this was okay. of course the brunette nodded, but he couldn't wait any longer. he leaned forward closing the gap between the two.

the kiss felt surreal. something out of a movie. george was on cloud 9 at that very moment.

it felt like nobody else was in the world, only him and clay.