chapter eight.

george left clays house after about another hour of working on the project. but for the most part they didn't get a lot done. his mom offered dinner, and george couldn't refuse.

clays family was very nice, even his dad. it made george think it was his perfect family, but in reality it was just a visit. he'd probably never come back again.

the brunette said his goodbyes to his family including his cat, patches. by then the sky was painted black and you couldn't see that well. if clay and george were really close he would have just asked to spend the night.

he hopped in his car and started to drive home. the ride wasn't that long considering clay only lives ten minutes away from him. he passed street signs and hit some red light until he got a phone call from alex.

he greeted george immediately "hey what's up!"
"hello." george didn't shout back for alex (lolz) "where are you? are you still at clays?!" george giggled, "no! but i stayed a little longer because his mom offered me dinner, nothing else happened alright?" you could hear alex' laugh through the phone, "okay george."

then a crazy idea popped up in george's mind. "hey, um i think you were right." alex' laughs started to settle down, "im right about a lot of things, be more specific." the brunette took a deep sigh, "about um, liking clay~" there was a short moment of silence but it felt like hours, "REALLY?!" thank god they weren't mad. "yes. but you can only tell karl alright?", "promise. but hey, that party is in three days. i think that would be a perfect time to make a move."

"i very much doubt it alex. im driving so ill see you tomorrow kay?" there was a hum in response then george hung up the phone. "i can't believe i just did that." he sighed to himself.

-

george pulled into his driveway, the front porch light still glowing bright. he hopped out unlocking the door with a spare key his parents gave him a long time ago.

as soon as he enters the house there is a voice yelling, "george! what the hell took you so long?!" it was his father. "their family offered me dinner, it was just nice gesture." then the tall figure appeared in front of george. "jesus george. you need to tell me things."

"tell you?! im pretty much an adult! plus you only pay any attention to me if im leaving or not doing something YOU like! stop pretending you care!" george went upstairs leaving his father standing there. part of him did regret totally yelling out on his father, but he deserved it.

there was a small ring in the background. george looked over to see a notification

karl

answer decline

"hello?" george already knew why karl was calling him in the first place but he didn't mind. "sooooo georgeee." the brunette smirked, "yeah yeah, im ready. ask whatever you want." there was a pause. "i don't have any questions, just wanted to tell you congrats for finally figuring it out nimrod." george and his friends never did all the lovey dovey stuff, so it was nice karl was being sincere. "thank you."

"get some rest dork. ill see you tomorrow." george responded with a quiet 'bye' and hung up.

what. a. day.

(566 words)