chapter twenty two.

george called alex to see if he did want to hangout with the four, "hi!" the brit said as soon as the phone call connected, "what do you want?" alex said on the other line, but in a joking manner. "wow! i was going to invite you to a hangout with everyone, but guess you don't wanna go." alex chuckled a little on the other line, "little last minute don't you think?" alex was being difficult, but when was he not? "ill pick you up in twenty?" alex responded with a small 'fine'.

george knew that alex wanted to go. he was the one that was always up for anything. even if it was as crazy as a murder. yeah, don't ask.

it was a short time of silence before nick spoke up. "okay, me and george will pick up alex and you guys can just go to clays. we'll meet you there." everyone nodded in agreement, well almost everyone. except the blonde, "hey! i wanna go with george!" the raven quickly stepped in, "i just have to tell him something. you can go thirty minutes without your loverboy, just go with karl."

the blonde smirked and flipped nick off. whispering a small 'fuck you'. karl pouted and crossed his arms, "hey! im right here!" clay laughed from his immediate response, "it's not you! don't worry." they all said their short goodbyes and went into their two separate rides. as soon as george and nick got in george smiled, "you did good! karl really likes you by the way." the comment made nick smile. even how hard he tried to compose himself, it wasn't enough. "thank you." the two pulled out of the restaurant driveway, "for what?" the brit raised an eyebrow. "y'know for helping me. and clay really likes you too. he won't shut up about you when we hang out." george smiles as he imagined that in his head, "well if it makes you feel any better, karl doesn't shut up about you either." the two go into quiet laughter as they pass many street lights and signs.

the view was actually very pretty compared to other nights. the sky painted with a variety of colors, the streets were pretty empty. but some of the headlights made the scene better somehow. the drive wasn't that long to alex' house. it felt shorter than the drive actually was. and as soon as his house came to view george texted him, making sure he knew they were there.

alex

we're here idiot

im coming idiot

WOAH DIDNT HAVE TO TELL ME THAT

wow george really had the jokes

as soon as the text was sent from alex' end the boy showed up in front of the door. george motioned with his hand to hurry up into the car. but he only got a middle finger in response. alex opened the door, entering the back seat. "why do i have to sit in the back?" he complained. as nick pulled out of the driveway he responded, "ipad kids sit in the back, its like common knowledge." the brunette laughed from his answer. "fuck off." the voice on the back replied, "not denying it i see?" george glanced back to alex in the back, giving a stupid smile.

they all drove back to clays with about another thirty minute drive. passing a few conversations along the way. "finally!" alex says as they pull up to clays house. "it wasn't even that long." nick says as everyone unbuckled their seat belt. stretching as they get out the car. they all go up to the door knocking the door three times exactly. it was opened to be met with clay, "took you long enough!"

none of them even bothered to respond, they were just all desperately wanting to get inside. "welcome georgie, i missed you." clay winked as george walked through. and he closed the door behind him. "couldn't bare an hour huh?" the blonde scoffs. "i handled it. me and karl didn't even notice you guys were gone."

as much as george wanted to disagree he let clay win. they all sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. beforehand, all of them planned on watching a movie together. most likely horror."we are watching the conjuring two. i don't care what any of you say." nick says pulling up the movie, "karl do you like horror?" karl nods in response with a thrilling smile on his face. "i don't like horror!" george says to get nicks attention, "i don't care. plus you have your little boyfriend the protect you." the raven gives a smirk focusing back on the tv. "oh so you care about karl and not me?" george pretending he was hurt.

the movie started off slow with only a few jump scares so far. but then they get to one scene where the suspense of getting jump scares was killing george. and before what demon could jump out he buried his face in clays chest. the blonde looked down smiling slightly from the boy below him. in response clay wrapped his arms around george for comfort. "don't worry george im right here."

the words were so soft and genuine which made georges fear go completely away. the warmth of clays body felt so amazing against his skin as he snuggled up even closer in his chest. the blonde played with the back of his hair which eventually made george fall asleep in clays arms.

(how did he just fall asleep in a horro movie? who knows)

"aww look at little georgie." alex quickly noticed the brit snuggled up with clay. "sh! you're going to wake him!" clay whisper yelled, "don't worry i won't wake up your precious boyfriend." alex chuckled a little bit turning his attention back to the tv.

not long after everyone had fallen asleep on that very couch.

they weren't planning on staying the night, but hey life is full of surprises.