chapter six.

the brunette was fairly excited for todays events. it wasn't a big deal or anything, trust me he knew. but thinking about it brought a smile to his face.

george entered the school, immediately going to his locker. he was met with karl and alex giving his a death glare. "w-why are you looking at me like that?", "dude! you literally left us on the call! where the honk did you go?!" flashbacks from previous night, and he remembered that he did actually leave them. george got to caught up in clay that he totally forgot. "sorry clay called me. and now were sorta working on a project tonight." alex then started laughing really hard, and i mean really hard. "we all know what happens at study sessions george."

he blushes, "what the hell?! its not even like that!" they all go in a fit of laughter, maybe george laughing a little less. "dude you're blushing!" karl of course had to point it out so everybody could here. "im not!" george puts his hand over his face and leans against the locker. the two were still laughing in the corner went a soft hand grabbed george's hand down from his face. "karl i swea-" george was interrupted by being met with the green eyes blondie "wanna finish that sentence?"

the brunette simply just stared focusing on clays eyes.
they were a beautiful shade of green, a little brown mixed in. he's never fully studied his eyes before, but they were pretty. "are you staring george? that's adorable." the brunette only responded by pushing clay away slightly from his chest. "i wasn't staring." the blonde then gave a slight smirk, "yeah? its cute how you try to hide the fact you were." this only made george blush even more. "oh now george is all flustered.", "im not flustered! just- what do you want?"

the blonde smiled, "just wanted to give you my address. you know so we can work on the project." george raised his eyebrow, "why'd you say it like that?" the blonde only hands him a small piece of paper and starts walking away, "no reason. see you later!"

as clay walks away george notices both of his friends staring at him. "what?" they both take a glance at one another, "dude. you totally have something for clay!" it got a few people's attention, "dude shut up! and i don't!" they both nodded knowing damn well he did. but they didn't want to make george go through all the teasing. not quite yet.

-

it was finally the last class of the day. george only had a study hall so it felt like the whole day was over to him. he always went to the library in his free time. it was a quite place where he could just listen to music and get lost in the lyrics.

as he puts his headphones in there was a big bang echoing from the library doors. then appears a black haired man walking towards george "hey dude! george right?" the brunette was a little confused from how nick knew him, or why he was talking to him, "um, yeah,..yeah im george." the black haired man took a seat next to him. "sorry it's a little random, but i wanted to let you know that you're invited to my party. i would love to have you there." george already knew there was no way in hell that he was even considering to go.

"um, thank but im not really of the 'party type'" george put up air quotes for a better understanding. "well at least think about it. i invited your little friends too. plus you need to get out there. cant be locked up in your house forever." then nick walked away, heading out the library.

i think that was his first time even entering the school library. probably the last too. but what confused george the most was, why him? out of all people he chose george.

I mean clay would be there. plus it would be his first party too. he's always been a safe taker, what's a little risk?

soon enough the bell rang dismissing everyone to go home. or indicating george he needs to get ready in five hours.

the drive home from school was always an amazing experience. the fresh air of freedom blows in his hair and he plays soft music in the background. nothing could beat the feeling.

-

george enters the house greeted with his dad sitting on the couch, on his computer as always. "hey dad." george tried waving, but there was never a response. you couldn't say that the relationship between him and his dad was bad, but it definitely was a father son bond.

george sighed walking upstairs. he had just a little homework to do, but george was smart. so it never took him long. after only an hour he already finished.

time always seemed to move so slow while you were waiting for something. so george decided to draw. now, you're probably thinking it's something out of nowhere. but it was a side hobby for the brunette. and he was pretty good (if i do say so myself.)

george put some headphones and brainstormed many things to put on his plank sheet of paper. many things came to mind like flowers, animals, and objects but the first thing that came to mind was clay.

he was never going to see it. so why not? the flow of the lyrics lead george placing small and large lines on his paper. he always got lost in moments like these, but moments like these could always stop time.

by the time george finished with his piece. he was fairly satisfied. it represented the blonde quite well. the flow of his hair, and the eyes. the eyes you could get lost in.

staring at the picture made george realize. what if alex and karl were right?

by the time george finished the time marked 6:07. "dammit." george sighed under his breath getting ready. he wanted to change for the session but something comfortable. so he just went with black sweats and a simple white t-shirt.

he grabbed the piece of paper clay gave to him with his address and started heading towards his car. before he could open the door he heard his father voice. "where are you going?" oh now he notices george. "friends house. we're just working on a project." his dad studied the man for a little. "what's your friends name?" why does he care? it's not like he ever pays attention to george so why now? "clay...dad i gotta go ill see you later."

then he left. this was it.

(1127 words)