THIRTY EIGHT

(The Confession)

(The Confession)

•••

"JUST LOOK AT HIM ALREADY!"

Shawn stared into the bottom of his empty red solo cup. He should have been partying or kissing any girl he wanted but he was miserable. The person he wanted to spend time with was sitting directly across the pool from him pretending he didn't exist. Lucy wouldn't even glance his way. He kept looking over at her hoping she would finally give in and look at him but she hadn't. He had been listening mindlessly to whatever Cory was telling him as his eyes couldn't help but look over at Lucy. "Are you alright Shawn? You look like someone killed your dog or something." Cory asks him curiously. "I'm fine." Shawn replied sharply as he pretended to take a sip from his cup. "You've only drank water since we got here... come on man... it's a party... with a ton of girls..... I'm sure one of them is waiting in the hot tub for you." Cory encourages Shawn hoping to make him feel better. Shawns eyes flickered to Lucy causing his heart to hurt. "Did something happen between you two?" Cory asks him curiously. "No... nothing happened." Shawn muttered as his eyes quickly looked away from Lucy. Of course something happened between them. They kissed and then Shawn stupidly told her that they could never be together. Lucy had every right to ignore him and Shawn felt like a complete idiot.

"You totally don't look like you could break down at any moment." Topanga teases Lucy as she was sitting across from her. Lucy's eyes remained on Topanga as she refused to look over at the boy across the pool from her. "He looks miserable." Topanga whispers to Lucy as she looks over at Shawn. "He should be miserable... what kind of a guy kisses you and then tells you that you can't be together because he likes your brother more than you?" Lucy huffs in annoyance. "Shawn Hunter is one of the things in life that remain a mystery to me.... but I do know this... he really cares about you... and maybe his simple mind can't comprehend that right now....but he loves you Lucy... he's just too dumb to say it."Topanga mumbles playfully. Lucy felt her heart temping her to turn to look at Shawn but she forced herself to stay strong. Topanga noticed Cory walk inside the house where most of the people were. She knew if she left then she would leave Lucy alone with Shawn. "I'm going to go inside and get more drinks." Topanga tells Lucy as she quickly walks away. Lucy stares blankly ahead for a couple more minutes waiting for Topanga to come inside. Shawn watched as a group of people headed inside leaving him and Lucy completely alone. The noise died down and Lucy assumed she was all alone.

She turned her attention to the pool and could see Shawn Hunter standing close to the edge out of the corner of her eye. She mentally cursed herself as she refused to look up at him. She sat down near the edge of the pool and dipped her feet into the water. Shawn couldn't take his eyes off of her as her skin seemed to glow off the radiance of the pool. Shawn debated whether or not to go over to her but he was too scared. He had no idea what he was going to say to her but the silence was killing him. "You can stop staring at me." Lucy yelled at him. Shawns eyes widened as he nervously chuckled. "I wasn't staring at you." He replies defensively. For the first time that night Lucy looked over at him. Their eyes locked and Lucy could practically feel a knife going through her heart. Shawn looked hot per usual but Lucy had forgotten how mesmerizing his eyes were. "It's a nice party isn't it." Shawn says awkwardly as he sits down near the edge of the pool. They were directly across from each other and the only thing between them was the entire pool. "You don't look like you are having a good time." Lucy replies sharply. "There's this girl here... and she won't talk to me." Shawn replies dramatically. "Maybe because you're an inconsiderate ass wipe." Lucy yells at him. "Really? Ass wipe. Out of all the words you could have chosen." Shawn teases her.

Lucy wasn't amused as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. She pushed her body up from the pool and started heading towards the door. She was now on Shawns side of the pool giving him the opportunity to be closer to her. "Wait!" Shawn yelled as he quickly got up. He stood directly in front of her so he was blocking her entrance into the house. "Just get out of my way." Lucy mumbles as she tries to get past him. Shawn continues to get in her way causing a smirk to form on his face. "Move!" Lucy screamed at him. "Not until you listen to what I have to say." Shawn tells her softly. Lucy stops trying to get past him as she crosses her arms across her chest. "Can't wait to hear a classic speech by Shawn Hunter. Maybe this time he will break the other half of my heart." Lucy replies sarcastically. Shawn felt a tug in his chest as he looked down at her. He realized in that moment just how much he had hurt her and he hated himself for it. "Woah... now he's speechless." Lucy teases him as she starts to walk back towards the pool. "Quit trying to walk away from me." Shawn says as he walks over to her. "I'm listening." Lucy replies sharply as her eyes stared down into the pool. "Can you look at me when I talk to you?" Shawn asks her in an annoyed tone. Lucy scoffs in annoyance as she turns to look at him. She feels the anger slowly leave her body as her eyes lock with his eyes. It hurt her how much she truly cared about him.

"This is the part where you tell me we aren't meant to be or that we can't be together." Lucy whispers weakly. "Will you shut up already?" Shawn yells in disbelief. Before Lucy had time to react she felt Shawn push her body into the pool behind her. Lucy screamed as she grabbed onto his arm dragging him into the pool with her. Shawns body fell into Lucy's body as they splashed into the water. Their bodies submerged underneath the water before they both quickly came up for air. When Lucy came up from the water she was furious at Shawn. "I didn't want to get into the pool! Why the hell did you push me in?" She screamed angrily at him as she turned to look at him. A smile was stuck on his face as he ran a hand through his wet hair. "Because.... I love you." Shawn says breathlessly as his eyes lock with Lucy's eyes. Lucy was taken back by his words as she felt her anger for him slowly slip away. She felt butterflies swarm in her stomach as she stared into his eyes. Shawn Hunter just told her he loved her and she felt giddy inside. "I didn't know you could love anyone but yourself." Lucy blurts out sarcastically. "Ouch." Shawn replies in a hurt tone. "I... I didn't mean it like that..." Lucy stutters as she feels so stupid. "I love you Lucy... and nothing could ever change that." Shawn tells her breathlessly as he takes a step closer to her. He places his hands on her cheeks as he slowly places his lips onto her lips. Lucy felt sparks enter her entire body as Shawn kissed her. Shawn placed his hands on her waist as he deepened the kiss. Lucy wrapped her legs around his waist to be closer to him as their lips remained locked. Shawn kissed her more passionately than anyone he had ever kissed.

They both slowly pulled away from each other as they tried to catch their breaths. Lucy's legs remained wrapped around Shawn as his hands were still on her waist. Shawn couldn't take his eyes off of Lucy as she blushed. She was so beautiful and he finally could admit to himself that he loved her. "I love you." Lucy whispered to him. A smile formed on Shawns face as he moved a piece of Lucy's hair out of her face. He felt relieved that she felt the same way. The sound of the door closing caused Lucy and Shawn to quickly pull apart from each other. "They have pizza!" Cory yelled in an excited tone. "Yay!" Shawn yelled with fake enthusiasm. "You guys actually got into the pool." Cory says as he looks down at them. "Yep... it was kinda hot outside." Lucy lies as she looks up at him. "We can't tell Cory about us..." Shawn whispered in Lucy's ear as he quickly got out of the pool. Lucy nodded in agreement as she watched the two boys head inside. Lucy couldn't get in the way of her brothers friendship. She knew her and Shawns relationship was going to have to remain a secret. Lucy gently placed a hand on her lips as she thought about the way Shawn kissed her. He kissed her with so much passion and she knew she wanted to kiss him again.

____________________________
Yayyy they finally admitted their love for each other 🥳—— Since they finally confessed their love for each other the next couple parts are going to be about them trying to hide their relationship from Cory ☺️