TWENTY FOUR

(Arguments)

(Arguments)

•••

"SLOW DOWN ASSHOLE! IM TALKING TO YOU!"

Lucy nearly tripped on the curb as she chased after Shawn Hunter. She messed up..... she kissed his brother. Shawn was practically sprinting away from her. Lucy huffed in frustration. "You're really going to make me run asshat!" She screamed as she started running after him. Shawn turned around but was met by Lucy's body tackling him onto the concrete. "What the hell Lucy?" Shawn screamed at her as he groaned in pain. Lucy felt the familiar sparks go through her body as her body was pressed against Shawn. She huffed as she pushed her body off of him. Her anger slipped away as her eyes met his eyes. His eyes were bloodshot red and there were tears stuck on his cheeks. "Look...." Lucy begins to say softly. "There's nothing for you to say...." Shawn replies sharply as he stands up.

"What do you want me to say Shawn? That I like Jack? That he's better than you? Well he's not! When are you going to get it into your head that you are great Shawn! Any girl would be lucky to have you!" Lucy yells at him. "Thats not true..... he's smarter than me.... he can take you on way better dates..... he can buy you expensive things.... he can make a commitment.... I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with me." Shawn replies sharply as his voice cracks. "Shawn..... stop.... you are amazing... why can't you understand that?" Lucy asks him in disbelief. "Lucy... I'm a disappointment... to my parents... to my friends.... everyone can see how broken I am..... Jack's everything I'm not.... he's perfect...... you deserve him.... I'm not good enough for you." Shawn stutters as more tears fall down his face. "The only person who can't seem to understand how great you are is you." Lucy whispers. She wraps her arms around him but he doesn't hug her back. Shawn wanted to hug her but something inside of him was holding him back.

"Go back in there.... be with jack.... it's where you belong...... I need to go to the trailer park where I belong." Shawn tells her sharply as he pushes her away. "You belong with your friends...." Lucy tells him truthfully. Their eyes locked causing Lucy's heart to break. He looked so broken and she didn't know how to help him. "Just leave me alone... okay.... when are you going to understand that me and you don't belong together...." Shawn tells her angrily. "You can't tell me who I belong with!" Lucy yells back at him. "Stop trying to fix me." Shawn whispers as he turns away from her. "When have I ever tried to change you? You are the one constantly telling yourself you aren't good enough just because you don't have money and live in a trailer park. Why can't you let me decide whether or not you are worth it?" Lucy asks him sharply. "I know everytime you look at me you think about where I come from... I know your parents wish you would hang out with a boy from the nice side of town...." Shawn tells her sharply. Lucy felt the anger inside her grow.

"Everytime I look at you...... I think of how much I care about you....." Lucy tells him softly. Shawns eyes locked with Lucy's eyes. Lucy looked like she was going to cry causing Shawns heart to hurt. "I only cause you pain....." Shawn whispers. "Shawn.... you make me so happy.... can't you just let yourself have an ounce of happiness... it's like every time you get close to a meaningful relationship you push the person away..." Lucy whispers as her voice cracks. Shawns chest hurt as he knew what she was saying was true. "I can't let myself hurt you.... not when you mean so much to me.... if you can't see how bad I am for you... than I have to make the decision for you." Shawn tells her sharply. Lucy didn't know what came over her as she slapped Shawn Hunter in the face. "Did you just hit me?" He screamed at her as he grabbed his face in pain. "You......" She stuttered out still in shock that she had actually hit him. "Shawn Hunter you are the most caring person I know and you feel things so strongly that it has led you to believe that you aren't worth loving and Shawn...anyone would be lucky to be loved by you." Lucy tells him softly. Shawn stared at her as he took a deep breath. He couldn't believe how pretty she was. His eyes landed on her lips as he wanted to kiss her.

"I use to think I was broken because of my anxiety.... I thought it was practically torture for someone to be in love with me..... like it wasn't fair for them to have to love someone like me.... everyone has there own issues Shawn it doesn't deem you unworthy of being loved.... I choose to be your friend Shawn.... because I really want to... not out of pity.... you are truly fun to be around." Lucy explains to Shawn. "How could you ever think that about yourself.... you are perfect." Shawn whispers breathlessly. Lucy laughed as she shook her head. "I'm far from perfect.... no ones perfect..." Lucy replies sharply. "I just know that I am so messed up.... and someone like you should never waste their time on someone like me." Shawn tells her softly. He watched as her eyebrows scrunch up in anger as she huffs in frustration. "You are such a f....." She begins to yell at him but is interrupted by him slamming his lips onto her lips. Lucy was caught completely off guard by Shawn kissing her. Butterflies erupted in her stomach as Shawn placed his hand on her cheek as he deepened the kiss. The moment he pulled away his eyes met Lucy's eyes. A panicked expression took over Shawns face. "I'm sorry I..... I have to go." Shawn stuttered as he quickly walked away. Lucy stood there stunned as she watched him leave. Shawn hurried off as if he had made some big mistake. Was it a mistake?

________________________________
Stop they kissed 🦋