THIRTEEN

(Comfort)

(Comfort)

•••

"I JUST WANT TO HELP YOU!"

Lucy loved talking to other people but there were many things she didn't tell other people about herself. Shawn Hunter would soon realize he didn't know half the crap Lucy goes through everyday. Shawn arrived at school half an hour late. He sprinted into school and hadn't even bothered to change out of his pajamas. The hallways were empty as he frantically looked around. Shawn tried to catch his breathe as he walked over to his locker. He laughed as he realized he didn't even care if he was late for class. He felt like he wasn't alone as he placed his backpack over his shoulder. He slowly looked behind him and his eyes landed on Lucy. She was sitting outside of the counselors door all alone and she was sitting there in silence. "Lucy!" Shawn yelled in an excited tone as he made his way over to her.

The moment Lucy looked up at Shawn their eyes locked. Shawn immediately noticed her eyes were red. She quickly wiped at her eyes as she threw on a fake smile. "Hey Shawn." Lucy replied with fake excitement as her voice cracked. Shawn sat down in the open seat next to her as his smile fell and his face filled with concern. "Hey.... are you alright?" Shawn asked her softly. "Yeah..... I'm fine.... shouldn't you be in class?" Lucy replied softly as she tried to change the subject. Shawn noticed her hands were shaking in her lap as she kept looking anxiously at the counselors door. "You don't look fine." Shawn tells her softly as he reaches for her hand. Lucy felt Shawn gently grab her hand but she immediately pulled her hand away from him. Lucy was holding back tears as she tried to take a deep breathe. "Come on Lucy.... tell me what's going on." Shawn whispers as he keeps his eyes on her. "You should really get to class." Lucy replies sharply.

A small laugh left Shawns lips as he shook his head. "Since when do I show up to class?" Shawn replies trying to lighten the mood. Lucy didn't even smile or laugh even a little bit causing Shawns heart to hurt. He didn't know what was wrong but he knew it was something bad. He watched as she started looking around more urgently and started taking deeper breaths. "Hey... hey... what's wrong?" Shawn asked her nervously as he reached out and gently grabbed her arm. Shawn watched as small tears fell down Lucy's face. He realized that he had known Lucy his entire life and he had never seen her cry before. She looked so broken and it hurt him more than he would have expected. "It's okay.... you're okay." Shawn tried to reassure her but it seemed like she couldn't hear him. She slowly fell out of her chair and collapsed onto the ground as she started hyperventilating. Shawn quickly knelt down beside her. "Hey... I got you.... you're okay..." Shawn whispered frantically as he gently rubbed her arms. Shawn didn't know how to help her as she sat there on the ground as she seemed unable to breathe as tears fell down her face. Shawn had never felt more pain than in that moment. He just wanted to help her and make her feel better. He gently pulled her in for a hug as her body started shaking in his arms.

"I got you...." Shawn reassured her as he gently rubbed her back. She pushed him off of her body and Shawn released her from her embrace. She looked like she was trying to speak but nothing was coming out as she struggled to breathe in between her sobs. Shawn had never seen Lucy so vulnerable before and it scared him. He just wished he could help her. "It's..... an.... anxiety attack." Lucy whispered in between sobs as her voice cracked. Shawn had never seen someone have an anxiety attack before and he had no idea what to do. "Hey! Look at me." Shawn tells Lucy softly. She stops looking around frantically as her eyes locked with Shawns. His eyes met her eyes and he felt overwhelmed with sadness. Her eyes were bloodshot red and her face was covered in tears. He never ever wanted to see her like this again. He placed his hands on her cheeks as their eyes remained locked on one another. He did the only thing Shawn Hunter could think of. His eyes flickered to her lips and before Lucy had time to react he placed his lips on Lucy's lips. Her lips were so soft and Shawn wished he could kiss her for the longest time. Lucy didn't kiss him back. She couldn't believe Shawn Hunter kissed her in her most vulnerable state. She wasn't ready to kiss him. Was he insane? She immediately pulled away in disbelief. Shawn slowly opened his eyes.

"You just kissed me?" Lucy yelled in confusion. Shawns eyes locked with hers as he tried to think of an excuse for kissing her. He knew the real reason was that he wanted to kiss her and he wanted to make her feel better. "I kissed you because you needed to be distracted and I knew kissing the most repulsive thing in sight would do the trick." Shawn yelled in a defensive tone. Lucy shook her head in amazement as a smile formed on her face. Lucy realized she was no longer shaking and she had stopped crying. "Thank you..... for helping me.... but never kiss me again..." Lucy told Shawn in a sharp tone. "Can't promise I won't do that again." Shawn replies flirtatiously causing Lucy to roll her eyes. Lucy sighed as she scooted her back against the locker as she remained sitting on the ground. Shawn moved so he was sitting directly next to her. "What happened? I've never seen you like that before." Shawn asked her softly as he turned to look at her. Her eyes remained forward as she tried to think of a response.

"I never wanted you to see me like this." She mumbled as she looked down at her hands in her lap. "Does this happen often?" Shawn asked her curiously. Lucy didn't respond and Shawn could assume her answer was yes. Silence filled the hallway as Lucy's eyes felt numb from crying. She took a deep breath as she looked over at Shawn. Her heart hurt at the sight of how worried he was for her. She didn't know Shawn cared for her like this. "Yes I get anxiety attacks a lot... it's not a big deal though..." Lucy whispered breaking the silence. "Why didn't you tell me about this? Did you think I would judge you?" Shawn asked her sharply. "I don't like people to see me like this.... especially not you..." Lucy muttered softly. Lucy looked up at him causing their eyes to meet. Shawn desperately wanted to kiss her again but he knew that he couldn't. "See you like what..... beautiful?" Shawn asks her playfully. "I know for a fact I do not look pretty right now." Lucy muttered sharply as she ran a hand through her hair.

"I think you are the only person in this entire world who looks pretty when they cry." Shawn whispered truthfully causing Lucy to look up and meet his eyes again. Her heart fluttered as Shawns eyes stared into hers. She loved his beautiful eyes and she never wanted to look away. Lucy cleared her throat as she looked away from Shawn. She tiredly rested her head on his shoulder causing chills to go through Shawns body. He gently brought his hand up to her arm as he rubbed it reassuringly. "Please don't tell anyone about this." Lucy tells him in a gentle tone. "I won't.... I just want you to know that I'm here for you... if this happens again you can always come to me." Shawn reassures her. Lucy nodded as her head remained on Shawns shoulder. She felt so safe when she was with him. Her mind replayed him kissing her causing butterflies to form in her stomach. She knew the kiss didn't count because he only did it to stop her anxiety attack but it still made her stomach flip. She definitely didn't expect her first kiss with Shawn to be like that.

______________________________
Awww I want a Shawn 💙🥺