TWENTY NINE

(Stupidity And Injuries)

•••

"WHEN YOU EAT ABSOLUTE SHIT.... ITS NOT MY FAULT."

Lucy shivered as Shawn helped her off of the ski lift. "Ready for me to absolutely destroy you..." Shawn taunts her as he prepares to ski down the huge hill. Lucy nervously looked down as she realized in how steep it really was. "You wish you could beat me." Lucy replies playfully. "I can beat you on one foot... with my eyes closed." Shawn replies sharply as he takes a step closer to her. He was now towering over her as they were all alone on the tall mountain. Their eyes locked as Lucy felt a warm feeling in her heart. "When you wipe out... it's not my fault." Lucy taunts him as they can both sense the tension between each other. "If I win..... you have to kiss me!" Shawn yells flirtatiously as he pushes off down the hill. "Hey! You got a head start!" Lucy screamed as she immediately followed behind him. The hill was a lot steeper than Lucy had imagined. She hadn't skied in years and she definitely shouldn't have started on the hardest hill. But Lucy was stubborn and she couldn't let Shawn Hunter win.

Shawn had never felt so alive as the cold wind blew sharply against his face. He laughed as he turned his head to look at Lucy. She was catching up to him causing him to get nervous. He needed to beat her. He heard Lucy scream as her body slammed into the snow. Shawn quickly forced his body to stop as his eyes remained on her. "Lucy!" He yelled as he trudged through the snow. She groaned in pain as she pushed her head from above the snow. Shawn kneeled beside her as he gently placed both of his hands on her cheeks. He examined her face to make sure she was okay. She had tears in her eyes and her face was now wet from the snow. "My leg..." She whimpered in pain. Lucy tried to move her leg causing a horrifying scream to leave her mouth. "Shh... don't move it... I got you..." Shawn tried to comfort her as he looks down at her leg. Her knee looked out of place causing Shawn to quickly look away. "Is it broken?" Lucy asks him as tears fall down her face. "It's going to be fine... just look at me..." Shawn tells her softly as his eyes lock with her eyes. Shawn had never felt so much pain for another person. He had seen people get injured or upset but seeing Lucy in pain made him feel horrible. He wished he was the one who got hurt and not her. Lucy couldn't walk so Shawn carried her to the ski lift.

After Shawn got Lucy got back to the cabin a doctor took a look at her leg. He popped her knee back in place as Shawn held her hand. The doctor then told her she couldn't ski for the rest of the weekend. Shawn felt it was his personal responsibility to make sure Lucy still had fun. Later that night everyone was hanging in the lobby. The fire place was burning bright. "I would have beat you if I hadn't got hurt." Lucy tells Shawn sarcastically. Shawn laughed as he sat down next to her on the couch. "If I remember correctly I was winning when you fell." Shawn teases her. Shawn was wearing a cozy sweatshirt as he sat close to Lucy. He wanted to cuddle her as he stared at her. She was wearing a sweatshirt and he could tell her knee was killing her. "Well... I usually win so it would make sense if I won." Lucy replies sarcastically. Shawn turned to her as he shook his head in disbelief. "Technically I did win because you kinda.... ate shit." Shawn mumbles sarcastically. Lucy scoffs in annoyance as she nudges his arm. Their eyes locked as Lucy nervously took a deep breath. "If I remember correctly... you owe me a kiss." Shawn whispers flirtatiously. "I didn't agree to that." Lucy replies sharply as she feels butterflies swarm in her stomach.

Shawn makes kissy noises causing Lucy to squeal as she tried to get away from him. He leaned in to kiss her cheek but Lucy quickly grabbed a pillow and blocked Shawn from kissing her. "Not fair! I can't run away! Topanaga!" She screamed hoping her friend would help her. Shawn laughed as he pushed the pillow out of the way and placed a soft kiss on Lucy's cheek. He slowly pulled his lips away as Lucy seemed unable to breath. "I hope your knee feels better." He tells her softly as he gets up. He walks away leaving Lucy speechless. "Did you need me?" Topanaga asks Lucy curiously as she sits down next to her. Lucy was staring at the fireplace as she remained frozen. "Are you alright?" Topanga asks her curiously. Lucy snaps out of her daze as she nods her head. "I'm just... tired." Lucy stutters as she looks over at Topanaga. She couldn't get the feeling of Shawn kissing her cheek out of her mind. Why was an innocent kiss leaving her like this? She knew it was because it was him... Shawn Hunter.... anything he did drove her crazy.

"Are you alright?" Topanga asked Lucy later that night when she was getting dressed in her pajamas. "Yeah... I just got a lot on my mind... I think I'm going to go sit by the fire place." Lucy tells her softly. Topanga nods as she watches Lucy limp out the door. Lucy's knee was killing her and she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep. She also couldn't get Shawn out of her head and she knew watching the fire would relax her. The moment she walked into the lobby her eyes landed on Shawn Hunter sitting on the couch. He was drinking a cup of hot coco as he stared at the fire. He was wearing pajamas and he looked very attractive. He ran a hand through his hair as he seemed to be thinking. The lobby was empty except for him and Lucy knew she needed to get away from him. She tried to silently walk away without him seeing her.... when.... "Lucy!" Shawn yelled causing her to immediately stop walking. "Oh... hey..." Lucy mutters awkwardly as she turns around. He motions for her to sit next to him causing Lucy to slowly start walking towards him.

He couldn't help but admire how cute she looked in her pajamas as she sat down next to him. He grabbed a pillow to prop her foot up on the table. "You couldn't sleep either?" Shawn asks her curiously. She nodded as she nervously looked over at him. Shawn hadn't been able to sleep... not when Lucy was on his mind. "I'll get you some hot chocolate." Shawn tells her in a gentle tone as he gets up. "Shawn Hunter.... is being nice to me.... what's the special occasion." Lucy mutters sarcastically as he hands her the hot chocolate. "I'm always nice to you." Shawn replies sharply as he sits down next to her. Lucy turned her attention to the fire as she felt Shawns eyes on her. She didn't want to look at him knowing it would make her feel more nervous. "Does it hurt?" Shawn asks her softly as he gestures to her knee. "It's fine." Lucy replies sharply as she glances down at her leg. "I know it's not.... you don't have to lie to me." Shawn tells her in a reassuring tone. Lucy turned to look at him causing their eyes to lock. "If I say it doesn't hurt... then maybe my brain can convince me it's not in pain." Lucy tells him in a soft tone. "I'm sorry it hurts...." Shawn whispers as he wraps his arm around her. Lucy placed her head on his chest as he wrapped his other arm around her. "It's not your fault." She whispered. She cuddled into Shawns embrace as she took in his familiar scent. Shawn was so cozy and soft as held her in his arms. She loved being in Shawns arms and he was exactly what she needed to distract her from the pain.

_________________________
Oh to be Lucy and to be able to cuddle Shawn Hunter 🤧