Chapter Twenty-five: The end of a great adventure

Tony had snapped his fingers. Thanos and his army were no more. But Tony didn't make it. We were at his funeral now, listening to a message he recorded before we did the Time Heist.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back... it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I-I-I-I wouldn't have been surprised but, come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse... that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So, I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting in the case of an untimely death. On my part. Not that death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow it's-it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything is gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to," Tony's hologram self got out of the chair he was sitting in and walked over to where his five-year-old daughter, Morgan, was with her mother, Pepper, "I love you 3,000."

The hologram turned off. We all went outside. Pepper was holing a nest of flowers with Tony's first arc reactor in the middle with the words around it, 'proof that Tony Stark has a heart'. It was set on the lake outside and we had a moment of silence as it floated away. Tony and I didn't get along great when we worked together but that won't stop me and everyone from missing him. Later, (Y/N) and I were at the edge of the lake in silence.

"So, five years without me. How did you cope?" (Y/N) asked.

"Not very well," I said, "I cried for days and, when I finally stopped, I made a memoir for you. I'd read out loud for you every day, talk to you like you were there and play your favourite songs every day. There was almost a day I wanted to join you but I didn't because I knew it would break your heart."

"Oh, Loki," (Y/N) hugged me and I hugged her back, "I'm sorry love. But I'm back now and I'll never leave you again."

I smiled and kissed the top of her head, "I know."

"Did you ever open my present?" (Y/N) looked at me.

"I couldn't. But I have it with me if you're desperate to see my reaction."

"Very desperate now open it!"

I smiled and let her go. I took the present out of my pocket. Still in the same condition. I opened it, careful not to rip the beautiful wrapping. Out slid a small rectangular box. I put the paper in my pocket and opened the box. Inside was a pregnancy test, the result not facing me. I took it out and turned it around seeing the results. I expected it to be negative but how wrong I was. It was positive. My mouth fell agape. Now I'm happy I waited! I hugged her. Not tightly because I didn't want to harm our unborn child.

"I love you so much!" I said crying happy tears.

"I love you too, my king," (Y/N) said smiling.

We have been trying to have children for a year and a half before Thanos happened so this is a miracle! A few days later, I went to the top of the hill where Thor was looking over new Asgard. (Y/N) wanted to come but I wouldn't let her. Especially after I've learned she's expecting. And I'm a little mad that she fought in a battle when she knew she was pregnant. I'll get over it.

"So, when can we expect you back?" I asked Thor.

"Um, about that..." Thor said.

"Brother, our people need a King."

"No, they already have one."

I laughed, "that's funny."

But Thor wasn't joking.

"Are you being serious?" I asked.

Thor nodded, "it's time for me to be who I am rather than... who I'm supposed to be. But you, you're a leader and so is (Y/N). That's who you two are."

"You know, I'd make a lot of changes around here."

Thor chuckled, "I'm counting on it, Your Majesty."

Thor and I shook hands.

"What will you do?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years, I have no path. I do have a ride though," Thor said.

"Move it or lose it, airbag," Rocket said.

I chuckled.

"Take care," Thor said smiling.

"You too," I said smiling, "And I expect you to lose some weight, clean yourself up and quit your drinking by the time you get back. I am not having my brother look like that when he sees his grandchild."

"What?"

"Oh! Right! I'm going to be a father and you will be an uncle. (Y/N)'s expecting."

"Congratulations, brother."

"Only took me five years to finally find out," I said laughing.

"You will be an amazing father. I know it. I must go."

"Farewell."

"Good luck."

Thor left with Rocket and his team. I went back to (Y/N) and told her that she will be my Queen. She will rule by my side and, one day, our heir she carries will rule with their love.

(Time skip!)

"What happened next?" my son, Thomas asked excitedly

"You know what happens next. You ask for our story every day," I said smiling.

"I know but tell meeeeee!"

I chuckled, "then your mother had you, your two sisters and your older brother. She rules by my side with all of you. And we all lived happily ever after."

"But that's not all. Queen (Y/N) is carrying yet another child to add to our beautiful family," (Y/N) chimed in.

I looked at her, "again?"

"Hey, it's your fault."

"And I won't argue. Because I'm happy," I said smiling and walking over to her.

We shared a kiss much to this kids disgust. Our family has grown over the last seven years and I couldn't be happier. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love the world we live in.

~Fin~