Chapter Twelve: Ultron attacks

"I'm sorry, that was... odd," he said in Jarvis's voice before looking at Thor, "thank you."

The creation made himself a cape to match Thor.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked him.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its centre is that," Thor points to the Gem in the creations head. 

"What, the gem?" Bruce asked

I quickly recognized it from old books I've read on the subject, "it's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would Thor bring it to...

"Because Stark is right," Thor said interrupting Steve.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times," Bruce said.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone," the creation said.

"Why does your 'vision' sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked.

"We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new," Tony said.

"I think I've had my fill of new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" It asked.

"You're not?" Steve asked it

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am."

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation," the Maximoff girl said in a strong Sokovian accent.

"Look again."

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me," Clint said walking in.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it?" Steve interrupted Thor to ask the Vision, "Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple," the Vision said

"Well it better get simple soon," I said.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all," the Vision said.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You," he said to Tony.

"Where?" Bruce asked.

"Sokovia. He's got (Y/N) and Nat there too," I said.

"If we're wrong about you," Bruce said to the Vision, "if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" The Vision asked looking at us, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

This thing just lifted Thor's hammer with ease! Thor took it from him and the Vision walked away. I finally learned the names of the Maximoff twins. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. And we agreed to call the vision, well, Vision. We suited up for battle. Steve gave us our mission on the Jet. Get everyone out of the city, find out what Ultron has been building, destroy every clone of Ultron and get the girls. Everyone apart from Vision, Thor, Tony and Bruce helped everyone evacuate. This is a big city.

We might not get everyone evacuated in time. I just want to know if (Y/N) is okay. I wanted to go with Bruce but Steve told me to help evacuate. It might help prove something to the world since people still don't like me for what I did. Well, that might not happen soon because Ultron's army started to attack us. Time to save the world. Although I wish I had a better weapon than my dagger. Perhaps I'll borrow something of (Y/N)'s when we see each other again but, for now, I'm fighting with what I have.

Soon, Sokovia started to lift from the ground. We're flying. Through Ultron's army, we listened to him speak. I ignored him until I heard that he was using Sokovia as a meteor to drop on the Earth and kill everyone. Well, now we have to save the world. I tried to take (Y/N)'s advice while fighting Ultron's army: look for a weakness. The only one I could find was its core wherever that is. But it certainly helped when I did. I eventually saw (Y/N). She didn't seem hurt so that was a relief.

She saw me and we started to help each other out. Is this what battling the Chitauri during the battle for New York was like because it's awful. I asked (Y/N) and she told me this isn't as easy as the Chitauri. Good to know. As we got higher and higher in the air, the air started to get very thin. And Tony had no plans on how to get Sokovia back down safely so it might have to be blown up to save everyone. There are still people here though. How do we get them off? Even with Thor, Tony and Vision, we wouldn't get them off in time.

Or at least that's what we thought before we saw a ship we haven't seen in years. The helicarrier! I never thought I'd be so happy to see that again. And it's all thanks to Fury. The lifeboats came from the ship and got ready to gather the people. Of course, the army was a bit of an issue but Rhodey came and felt with them with Tony. After more fighting and more cuts and bruises, Thor told us that Ultron's army wasn't focused on us anymore. But focused on the core to drop the city.

We followed everyone to a church in the middle of the city and got our new mission. Protect the core. And here's Ultron. Thor had the brilliant idea of asking him if that was the best he could do. And here's more of his army. He had to ask. Well, time to do what we do best. We all worked together to fight his army, and make sure not one of them touched the core. Ultron came and started to attack Vision but he used the mind stone to blast him out of the church. Tony and Thor did the same and didn't destroy Ultron but did melt him a little.

His army then started to leave. Steve told us to go to the boats while Wanda protected the core. We got the last of the civilians on the boats and got ready to leave but there was an issue. I heard a mother ask where her child was. By the sound of the name, a young boy. I decided to search for him. She mentioned that they were in the market so he shouldn't be hard to find. I ran there to find the boy.

I found him in some rubble so I got him out. I heard guns so I looked up to see the Quinn Jet firing in my direction. That's not someone friendly. I picked the boy up and shielded him from the fire but I didn't feel any bullets hit me. What? I looked behind me to see a car then looked at Pietro who was covered in bullet wounds.

"You didn't see that coming," was the last thing he said before dropping to the floor, dead.

Steve came up to me, took Pietro to the lifeboat while I took the boy to his mother. I sat down and waited to get on the carrier. Then Sokovia fell. One of them still lived! Thankfully for us, Tony and Thor already had a plan and destroyed Sokovia before it hit the ground. Earth and the people of Sokovia are safe now.