Chapter 9: Who would I choose?...

I was getting ready for bed, washing my face, brushing my teeth, y'know all the basic nightly things. I kept thinking all about what Alya had said, did he really like me back? Was I overreacting? Was his feelings for the camera? I put on some chapstick, slipped on a pair of black shorts with a white t-shirt, cut on the TV, and drifted off to sleep. 

-In your dream-

W-what? Is that Adrien... KISSING MARINETTE?? Tears ran down my face, I slid down the unfinished poorly painted green wall, when someone in a black leather costume came into my peripheral vision. 

"Hey, your y/n right?" I lifted my head up and attempted to wipe the tears off my face. 

"Yeah, sadly that's me. Why?" His arms wrapped around me, I didn't even care I just started crying. 

"I saw what happened just a minute ago, you liked him didn't you?" I sniffled and laid my head on his shoulder. 

"Always and forever..." He pulled back and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, sitting us down on a bench nearby. 

"Wait, weren't you two dating?" I tried to wipe my tears yet again, "You guys were, weren't you?..." 

"Supposedly it was fake dating for the stupid tabloids, but now I'm starting to think he never liked me in the first place. God, I should've made my shot in the sixth grade." His other hand tapped my shoulder, I looked back at him. 

"If he was that dumb to not see this beautiful girl in front of him, he's one dense guy. Is there anything I can-" 

-Back in reality-

"Morning girlie!!" I sat up immediately and rubbed my eyes, grabbing my glasses beside me, considering most of the time I wore contacts. 

"Alya? Hi!" I tumbled off the bed and wrapped her into a bear hug, she just laughed and hugged back. We pulled back and I went towards my closet to find some loungewear. 

"So, I was thinking all of the gang could go on like a little road trip today? I really wanted to spend some time with you all!" I turned around and walked out of my closet, practically jumping up and down. 

"That sounds amazing! I call shotgun!" I grabbed a bag I could pack some things in later on, I threw on a pink crop and kept the black shorts on. 

"You can fight Nino for that, if you dare." I laughed and walked out of my closet, "Can I trust you to drop off the necessities at my house? I have a lot on my plate, planning all this." 

"Of course, I know exactly what all to get. In fact, I'll bring Chloe along with me." I laugh and texted Chloe, "Also is Adri coming?" My mind was hoping yes but my heart kept saying no... I guess that dream kinda messed with me. 

"Pretty sure, we'll have to convince his father." Next thing you know Alya's phone beeped. "Oh god, that would be my boyfriend who's most likely complaining about something I did to the van- One word, BLUEEEEE! Okay, Gotta go! Bye girl!" She ran out and I was in a laughing fit, I'm excited to see the  vw van painted blue. I took off my clothes, hopped in the shower, got out, and wrapped a towel around me. A road trip sounds so relaxing. I did my makeup, my hair,  and threw on a white cropped tank, purple suit jacket, purple plaid skirt, cow print tote (animal cruelty free mwah <3), and two gold chains. 

I picked up my phone, snapped a selfie, and sent it to the groupchat

I picked up my phone, snapped a selfie, and sent it to the groupchat. Followed by "picking up snacks losers, drop what you want <3"  We all called each other names like that, it was something we just did. Chloe called me, I was packing my suitcase. 

"Hey girlie! I'm here, let me in!" I ran down the stairs and opened the door, "Hey!!" 

"Hi! My parents should be in the kitchen, just letting you know in case you go in there. I'm packing my things, if you wanna come up!" She nodded her head and we ran up the stairs, we were like little kids when it came to fun things like this. "My room looks like an abomination" I did a chefs kiss and she laughed, I went back to packing my suitcase. 

"So, how's it going with Adrien? I mean, with the whole fake dating thing." I told her last night on the phone, she knew something was up, she always did. 

"It's going-- fine, yeah that's a good word. I know he doesn't feel the same, he's probably hung up on Marinette or something. I just don't see him liking me." She grabbed the side of my face making me look at her. 

"Yeah no, wrong attitude bestie. You're beautiful, smart, and talented. If he doesn't see that, he's a loser. I know I'm saying that about our childhood best friend but I mean, it's the truth. I don't get how he doesn't get the hints you've been dropping, god he can't even see when Marinette drools over him. They'd be so cute together, but y'all together- God, power couple baby." A big smile spread across my face. I've never felt so important. 

"Thank you, Chloe. Really, you've outdone yourself bourgeois. I needed that, thank you." The smile was now on hers, you could hear a tiny squeal. 

"Of course! I know how it feels, he thought I liked him for a year when I consider the kid as a brother." I zipped my suitcase up and grabbed my purse which had my phone, wallet, keys, and Polaroid camera in it. "Okay come on now! All my stuff is in my car, I'll have to attempt to carry it all." 

"If you need help let me know, I'm here." 

Next chapter I'll make sure to skip the boredom, we'll get straight into the road trip. Who knows, maybe we'll have a bit of flirting? Wait and see, tomorrow <3 (Or if I get bored today, double chapter!) -C