t h i r t y - s i x

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - s i x 

The pupils of his eyes are resplendent, currently stuck to the thick musk of dark that hoards the space in the balcony, clinging to the pane of the doors. The land beyond the palace are mere mirages, with their silhouettes barely outlined, tinted in sooty shades. The scope of the upper realm is dull tonight, with the stars and the moon chained by the grey bundle of clouds intruding.

A sigh comes from his throat, a hand rubbing the nape of his neck and then tugging at the tie he'd worn, sitting on the material of his silky black undershirt. The blazer paired with it had been draped across the back of his chair, light grey material pristine and free from creases.

The length of his office desk is empty, all the files and documents needing to be resolved for the day completed, neatly stowed away. It'd be full again when he would return in the morning though. His left-hand cramps with all the writing he'd done today, an ache pressing into his wrist.

The Alpha had finally been given a snippet of free time from his busy week, a moment to breathe away from his duties and the unbearable stress that their guests had brought onto himself and his wolf. The inner presence within him didn't like it one bit, working through each day with fur that stood tall and teeth that were sharp. To avoid a massacre happening, he had to shift several times in the day to let some steam off. It didn't help they didn't get to see their half, nor the softness of her eyes and lips that curved.

It's another sigh, lower and more annoyed, chest constricted.

It was just one more night; one last dinner before the Lupus family's filth would finally be rid from his lands and he would get to be with her freely, without the imposing threat of someone trying to steal him away from her.

Not that it would happen.

The last four days had been gruesome, with meeting after meeting between each side of the family, having long extensive conversations about what the alliance had set out and meant for both of them, with the Lupus family building a case on why Nova should be rejected. In their mind it was fair; if this didn't happen, then Layla would be left without a half too.

Not that Romaues gave a shit.

Their bargaining was to no avail though; nothing would ever change is mind, and it had been finalised earlier that day. No promise of more land, or more power could ever sway him. The male already had everything.

If it was up to him, they'd have left long ago, but it's the Martelli tradition to ensure their guests leave with a full stomach. He would respect that.

His head curves, tilting in pleasant thought, swerving his attention to the female he needed to see soon, the wolf in him desperate for just her sweet scent. As soon as he saw the back of the Lupus family, he'd be hers entirely.

The wolf within him sits belly up at the thought of only belonging to her.

Romaues' lips tip up, already thinking about what their late-night endeavour would be, though he wasn't sure they had a dessert parlour as spectacular as the one in her hometown. He didn't think she'd mind though; she was very content with anything that had cocoa in it. Her skin would blush a rose pink easily. He grows warm, hues twinkling.

The male's solitude is disputed when the door of his office opens, revealing three of his closest ties.

Mara takes her space up on his desk with ease, black box braids pulled up high on her head, material of her skirt rising, and her legs swing bare, dark and glossy. Matteo and Aria take a more polite approach, sinking into one of the many chairs on the opposite sides. The pair had also gotten ready, Matteo adorning a navy suit complimenting his chestnut skin, Aria wearing a garment of crimson red.