t w e l v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e l v e 

"You didn't kiss?" Kelsey's tone is deadpanned, the blonde crossing her arms over the white tee she was to sleep in, material grazing her upper thighs.

Nova cuts her eyes at her, leaning over and turning the tap on, waiting for the water to warm up.

They were both currently in Nova's bathroom, the clock just hitting midnight. Nova had been home a little while, and after sorting her pa out – who now had peacefully fallen asleep in his room- and getting changed, she was dealing with the tabby who finally decided to move in with her.

Kelsey had called as she was doing this and pulled up a little later.

The dark-haired female puts the plug into the tub, filling it ever so slightly and ensuring the water was only lukewarm.

"It's only the first date – we were just talking," rubbing the graze of her elbow, grabbing the baby shampoo from the top of her cabinet.

It had been untouched and mistakenly bought, but also relatively safe to use on animals.

It was all she had.

"I need details baby. Elaborate," Kelsey demands, before straightening from her squat and sitting on the toilet, which had the seat down. Nova sighs, pulling her chocolate waves up into a high ponytail.

"It was just about the basics. We just got a foundation understanding of each other. That's all," she says, squirting some of the shampoo and swirling it, making the water frothy.

The blonde sighs.

"You should've kissed him. It would've made things spicy," she tells her. Nova ignores her, lining the floor with towels.

The tabby was currently kept in a carboard box in her room – she wanted him clean before letting him free roam. He was a stray and probably got into all sorts of muck. He had been pretty obedient so far, staying in the box, body completely calm and at ease with Nova.

"You know you wanted to. I bet you were thinking about it. I bet he was thinking about it," Kelsey continues, blue hues bright and lips cunning. Nova ignores her again, only flashing her the middle finger as she leaves to get the tabby.

"Either way it doesn't matter. You'll be kissing him in your dreams, getting all wet and steamy-," the blonde continues when Nova returns.

"Stop," it's a harder tone, and the blonde complies, knowing she had pushed enough buttons for tonight. She joins her friend on the floor.

The tabby is lifted from the box and placed on the floor mat, Nova using her fingers to check for any injuries or fleas that would need immediate attention. She already had the blonde book a vet appointment for tomorrow.

He's completely still as she does this, letting her touch as she pleased, nibbling on her fingers and purring.

It's only when Nova turns for a millisecond to grab something, when the cat turns a little wild, a series of feral hisses and scowls coming from him. Her head snaps back hard in surprise. The grey cat had finally noticed Kelsey, and by the sounds of it was not fine with her presence.

Confusion falls over Nova – he was normally just fine around other people.

The blonde imitates him, her features curled in distaste for the feline. Nova just sighs at the both of them. She knew Kelsey wasn't a cat person anyways, but she didn't expect the dislike to be mutual.