t h i r t y - f i v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - f i v e 

The dark-haired female sits on the rug, legs stretched out on the floor, limbs being pulled deliciously as she does so, resting her elbow on a pillow and propping herself up with her hand. Her blue sweatpants are baggy on her bottoms, the thin grey cotton tee she wore tucked into the material. Bright, morning white cascades into the room, making it feel open and glorious.

Her mocha hues are currently stuck to her phone, now propped up in a specific angle against the coffee table, camera angled towards her.

The blonde occupies the majority of her screen, which is dark for the most part except the dim hue emanating onto her face from the lampshade, tinting her room a shade of rose pink. It was well past midnight in her old hometown, the blonde just having come home from her shift at the nightclub.

"I miss you bubba," the blonde murmurs, voice low with the lull of sleep heavy in her voice. Nova felt bad that they were video calling at such a bad hour for her, but Kelsey was persistent in doing so, despite her tiredness.

Nova's face curves, features widening and a warmth spreading over her chest. Her voice is soft, lips pouting.

"No, I miss you," it's murmured shyly, the blonde chuckling from the other side.

Despite their contact being a little up and down in the beginning, they had now managed to find a routine, managing to call every day at such hours, with the odd text here and there. The blonde was already updated with everything, knowing every single inch of the events occurring since Nova's move, and it makes the dark-haired female feel good. It's as if Kelsey is right here with her.

She loved her blonde so, so much. So incredibly much. More than anyone. This was her haven, her absolute source of comfort. Here her joy and happiness piqued. Her heart swells, warmth falling all over her, cheeks pulled high into a wide smile.

Only her blonde could make her feel like this.

"Is that Princess Nokia?" her voice is raspy, and Nova's mouth curves, mocha hues narrowing at the culprit, the man too busy making himself home in her kitchen, lean frame moving to the song playing quietly in the background.

"Rocco," and the sole word explains it all, the blonde's features curling into a laugh.

She had heard much about this flamboyant male and was very glad Nova had taken to him. It meant she had someone there with her, another individual there to keep her happy and encourage her growth.

"He's got good taste," the blonde murmurs, and Nova shrugs.

"His music taste might be good, but the same cannot be said for his cooking skills," and the two females laugh to one another, Nova lifting her head to keep an eye on the male with tousled hair, carefully assessing whether her kitchen was still standing.

"What's his ass making today?" and Nova giggles.

"Breakfast muffins," and Kelsey pulls a face.

"Good luck swallowing those baby," the blonde cuddling into her duvet, eyes watching Nova.

"Excuse me? I'm not deaf, I can hear the both of you shitting on me. Blondie don't be talking about Nova swallowing when we all know she aint swallowing nun," Rocco yells, flour smeared on his right cheek, brows narrowed at the both of them.