t h i r t y - t h r e e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - t h r e e

Sofia keeps a tight grip on Nova, the seventeen-year-old meandering through the gallant hallways for the both of them. It's dimly lit, a soft yellow hue billowing overhead, gracefully blessing them.

The dark-haired female feels uneasy, a whine wanting to come from her throat as her eyes flicker around, a tight knot forming in her lower belly. Her eyes think back to Romaues, and how tense and agitated he had seemed, in comparison to his normal demeanour around her, calm and cool. It unnerved her. The sight of the cars pooling in, alongside the extravagant women and men that had shown up, with luggage, unnerved her.

The fact that they roam halls now busied with butlers and maids all frantically trying to prepare, some holding baskets of fresh sheets and silk linen, other holding trays of fresh ingredients for the meal they were going to cook also unnerved her.

Something was brewing, the atmosphere in the air is tight and strained, a flurry of activity commencing in the palace.

Sofia deliberately strays away from the most conjugated areas, taking Nova through a series of side-stairs, opting for the longer but quieter route to the safety of her room. Nova can tell the younger female is also antsy with all the commotion going on, so stays quiet about her own thoughts swimming in her head, not wanting to contribute to the chaos.

They embark onto the correct storey, Sofia becoming less restrictive and resorting to just loosely holding Nova's hand as they walk through quietly. Nova's face is flushed; this family really did not shy away from physical affection, and neither did she. They just took to her so soon, it made her heart squeeze.

"Where is she?" a voice booms in a motherly tone, surprising both females. Nova eyes fall onto Mama, who just turned the corner from the opposite end of the corridor.

The elder woman is beautifully dressed up in a blood-red dress, short on the sleeves and in length, her rich curls tumbling down her frame. Her eyes are ablaze, cutting to Sofia who gesticulates to Nova behind her. Mama's shoulders loosen in tension visibly when her eyes come to the human, her hand coming up to grip Sofia's chin firmly. Her gaze is hard.

"She stays with you. She does not come out of your room alone," and Sofia nods, Mama loosening her hold and kissing her cheek.

She cusps Nova's face next, a hard kiss to her forehead.

"Is everything okay?" Nova asks, tone quiet, not liking how unsettling everything was currently. Mama only smiles with dim eyes, gently cupping her face.

"Ti amo," is all she says, causing Nova to blush, kissing her cheek one more before setting off in the direction that they just came. Nova sighs, trying to calm herself.

Nothing had happened. At least not regarding her. Everything is fine.

"Is this that pack? The second-ranked one? The one who made the alliance with Romaues?" Nova gently questions as they finally reach Sofia's door, the younger female perching before pushing it open.

It takes her a moment, before nodding.

The door is opened, Nova ushered in. It's an elegant room, completely neutral and tidy. It's massive, with a full king-sized bed,  #soft curtains billowing around it, prized furniture and a whole seating arrangement paired with a screen for watching television. There's fitted wardrobes, a cream desk filled with everything neatly organised.