f i f t e e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f i f t e e n

A groan comes from her mouth, form shuffling in her blankets and turning over to the other side, getting comfy and heeding towards a deeper sleep.

The disturbance happens again, something soft and wet nibbling across the length of her face and bare shoulders. Her nose scrunches, brows knitting closely together as her eyes splinter open, watering when coming into contact with the bright light drifting into her room.

She snaps awake, sitting up immediately when it clicks in her brain. Her eyes fall to Leo, the grey tabby curled into her, mewling a good morning.

"I'm late," is all she says to him, her features wide and slowly beginning to panic.

The blanket is whipped off, a grumble falling from her lips as she scolds herself, hurriedly making her bed. She knew she should have gone straight to bed when she returned last night. She knew she shouldn't have responded further outside of letting him know of her safe return, but she couldn't help it. She was up for another three hours, and now was paying the price.

Her towel and sliders are grabbed, running out of her room to the bathroom.

An annoyed mewl has her return quickly, bending down and kissing Leo's face.

"Morning you," a tap to his nose before getting back to business.

She's showered in record time, coming back into her room and pulling on a plaid pinafore, muted pink in colour with a white under top. She only moisturises her legs and neck, ensuring they were shiny. She skips on makeup today – apart from concealing the bruise which was an easier feat today - needing to tame her hair. She regrets not having braided it before sleeping, for now the waves had assembled into a bird's nest.

She douses it in heat protectant before straightening it – something she rarely did. It's parted down the middle, before tying both sections up into two high pigtails, soft and sleek once running some oil and smoothing out the baby hairs. Two small strands curve around her face properly. After some lip balm and pulling on some white vans, she's out.

Luckily, Nova had some sense in her and pre-packed her bag ages ago, containing all relevant things she would need for today.

Sonya had asked for her to come around today, for another casual chat to see how they were progressing. Nova had essentially finished with the design and was going to finalise some touches before Sonya would get the construction work started.

Nova had also been invited in for a breakfast that was commencing at eleven. She had been fussing over the idea of attending a meal with people she didn't know, but in this state of mind it doesn't even register.

It was now almost ten, and she had fifteen minutes before meeting the car that was picking her up, and she had yet to walk to that pickup point.

"Fuck," it's muttered repeatedly as she patters down the stairs, dropping her bag and curving into the kitchen, Leo closely behind.

She skims to a halt when seeing her pa up and about in the kitchen.

She hadn't seen him in a while, actively avoiding him since he punched her in the face.

He's sober today – surprisingly.

She lingers there, her stomach swirling uneasily, her fingers playing with the necklace on her neck.