t h r e e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h r e e 

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJKYTFSHa9k)

"Is everything okay?" Nova's words are barely audible, the female stepping forward to the blonde, nose skimming her cheek and brows furrowed in worry.

Kelsey sighs, turning to her friend with eyes that don't hold any mischief anymore, an underlying tone of seriousness infiltrating her features. She notices the concern on the dark-haired female, so musters up a soft smile that isn't genuine.

"It's all good baby. Just stay here," her words are firm, and Nova nods, lower lip pulled between her teeth in thought, watching the blonde climb down from the stage, form beginning to sashay towards the front.

"I mean it, both of you," it's a glare shot at the girls for a split second, and Adela's hands cup Nova's arm gently, bringing her a little further back.

Nova finds this a little strange; her blonde was never so het up – she was normally always very easy-going and laid-back; it's why Nova was so intrigued by her when they initially met.

Kelsey walked without a care in the world, and it was liberating to see. She only ever looked out for herself and those she deemed worthy.

The blonde heads for Reggie, dragging him by his forearm from the crowd at the front, where all the newcomers had grouped together, to the side.

It's a whispered conversation between the blonde and their manager, Kelsey obviously distraught about something. Reggie's expression for the most part is unreadable, but the occasional nods from him said that he was agreeing with whatever the blonde was telling him, eyes following her gesticulations to Adela and Nova.

Nova's eyes narrow, watching them talk privately for another few minutes, well too far away to catch anything.

She can see Reggie visibly sigh, before his form heads back into the commotion, no doubt towards whoever was responsible. It only takes him a few minutes to talk, before he turns on his heel to the back of the club, beckoning all the dancers to come meet with him, Kelsey close behind.

Reggie was a man who was well liked here, due to his charismatic nature and kindness, as well as his shrewd sense of humour. He was respected by all the dancers, because he always put them first, always over the customer. He had set the club up to prioritise their safety and comfort, which was more than other clubs did.

He was short, with dark skin and thick black locks falling from his head. He gives them a grin now, rubbing the palms of his hands together.

"Alright ladies, I'm sure you've noticed the swarm of lavish customers out front. They're some friends of mine, and I invited them over tonight. I should've warned you all beforehand, but as I'm sure you now know, it'll be a full house this shift," another grin.

Nova rolls her eyes to herself – full houses were always disorganised and messy.

"To keep the chaos under control, I'll be splitting you up into the different sections; it's not a free for all like it is normally. You will stay in these sections for the rest of the night," he explains. 

Some complaints fall from some of the girls. Normally dancers could choose wherever they wanted to perform, whether it be up at the bar, on the main floor, or in the VIP lounges up to the left. The locations varied, and you would get different types of customers in each – thus more or less cash.