t w e n t y - s i x

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - s i x

The beat of the water down her skin feels heavenly, the drops warm and almost scalding to the skin. Steam surrounds her, cushioning her protectively, clinging to the air droplets and pressing against the glass door of the shower.

The water that runs below her is murky, filled with dirt and blood streaks. She doesn't look at it, eyes pressed firmly shut, muscles swaying underneath the sensation of the hot pressure. Her limbs cry out in relief, the thick layer of grime that had accumulated on her skin finally being swept away.

It had been days since Nova had woken up in the guestroom, and she still was on the Adolfo compound. Her back had taken time to heal, with every slight movement causing the scars to rip open and bleed profusely. The stitches in her thigh had just begun to dissolve.

She finally had been given the greenlight by Aaron – the doctor whose care she was under- to move around now, but to be extremely cautious and not to overexert herself. Even now, her back stings, but the feeling of cleanliness trumps it.

Nova loved feeling clean.

The last few days being bedbound in that room had been horrible. She sweated during the night, and her skin begin to harbour all the salts. She felt gross.

It hadn't been uneventful – she was visited by her blonde a lot, and Sonya a few times.

Her mouth curves, head already throbbing with just thinking about the revelation of werewolves, and all the information that had been dumped on her by the two females over the past few days. She sighs; it was a lot to process, and it hadn't even properly registered yet.

But she's all too keen to accept the ideology – even thinking about the second attack, the moment where the rogue's bones started snapping had unnerved every part of her. In the night it's all she can see; all she can hear. It's horrific, forever something to terrorise her now.

This revelation was an explanation. One that didn't make her feel scared of the attack anymore.

She wasn't making sense in her thinking pattern.

A shiver crosses her body.

She walked in a world with werewolves.

She was in a mansion that was full of them.

Her stomach swirls uneasily, but Kelsey and Sonya both explained no harm would be bought to her. They had done a lot of explaining over the past few days.

Nova rids the thoughts forming a blizzard in her mind, settling the winds that were picking up.

She just focuses on herself, squeezing shampoo into her hand and lathering it between her fingers, gently massaging into her scalp, making sure she felt every single hand movement, relishing in it all. Her hair is washed twice, ends slathered in a conditioner that smelt nice.

Her body is next, lathering gentle cleanser over her skin, letting it sit before rinsing it off. The bathroom joint to the bedroom she was staying in was simply exquisite – she's nervous even using it, not at all used to the lavishness accompanying it.

Her hands fumble around the cabinets, picking up a heavy glass bottle of body oil, no doubt more expensive than anything she ever bought to herself. It's light and moisturizing, her skin soaking it up with no greasy residue. Her skin is looked at next, some patches near her cheeks and forehead having broken out – no doubt due to her hormone fluctuation in the past few days.