no knowledge of comfort

A/n: Peacefully dies from 👆

FLUFF

_______

You watch as Jennie huffs at the dinner table. You couldn't bring yourself to ask her if anything was alright. Growing up in a strict household, you never really got the support of your parents when you were angry or sad. You were just left alone in your room for yourself to deal with while your parents gave you a 'You solve your own problems and you'll know exactly how life is.'.

"Is the food okay?" You ask, thinking it was dinner you cooked up.

"Just fine." She says with an irradiated tone sending a small pang to your heart. You didn't understand. You put all your love in it and measured everything correctly. What was the problem?

You start to talk but Jennie sent a glare that made you shut your jaw back up to it's place. Something was bothering her and you knew it, you just didn't know what. "Jennie,"

"What?" She asks, unbothered.

"Why are you angry?" Worst move ever. You could've worded it differently, but it was the first sentence that formed at the tip of your tongue.

Jennie looks at you in disbelief, "What? I'm not mad."

You stare blankly at her, clearly giving her a small 'Yeah right' look. "You're mad. So what is it?"

Jennie groans, "It's nothing Y/n! Blame it on the damn food if you have to but nothing is wrong with me."

You scoff at her answer but kept your tone calm, "I'm just asking you."

"Then don't ask!" She stands, "Don't ask me. I'm doing just fine." Jennie starts to heat up an argument.

Jennie had a bad day and you didn't know that. You were too busy focusing on your homework and other sorts of entertainment. She would release a sigh here and there but you thought it was just a sigh and nothing else.

"Are you sure?" You ask once again and if she said yes, you'd let her go to deal with it on her own.

"Yes! Yes I'm doing just fine even without you!" Jennie lets the words slip out her mouth with realizing.

Your heart sunk a bit deep in your chest where it actually pained you physically. Sitting there and blankly staring at her with hurt eyes, you quickly clear your throat from the big lump that formed. "Without me huh?"

Jennie raises a brow trying to figure out what you meant until it finally clicked. She never felt so guilty in her life. Panic struck on her while you got up to clean up the table. "Y/n baby, you know I didn't mean that."

"Mean what?" You try to play it off with a smile.

"You know exactly what I mean. You know I'd never do that." Jennie slightly tugs on the hem of your shirt as you place the dishes in the sink.

"Considering you had to think about what you said before taking it back." You mumble and turn to her. "If you're not happy with me then I get it. It's your choice to leave or not."

"Don't try to play the bigger role here." Jennie furrows her brows. "I'm sorry, okay? I let the words slip, I was saying random things I didn't know I could say. I don't want to leave you or break up with you. I just had a bad day today and... stuff."

"Oh.." You try to come with something else to say other than 'Oh' again, but it was impossible. Fidgeting with your fingers you quickly plant a kiss on her lips, hoping it'll help. And it did, but not for long until her smile faded quicker than when it grew.

"Do you.. want to order takeout?" You force a shy smile, unsure of what to do.

Jennie smiles faintly before nodding. You pull out your phone to order and after a few clicks, your food was on the way. "What about.. um.."