Chapter 24

I flew out to San Antonio to meet up with everyone else. Everyone had been so wonderful and caring throughout the rough time my family and I were going through. But now, it was time to return.

"India, welcome back." Jeff smiled as I walked into the lobby of the theater.

I returned it. "Thank you. It's nice to be back. I can't wait to get to speak with everyone again. It feels like it's been so long."

"I'm sure. Can I speak with you?"

"Yes, sir, of course," I said. 

"Now, I understand you're still grieving, but, have you thought about if you are staying on the tour? I know at one point in time, you were considering leaving."

I sighed. "I was going to leave. After my aunt...died I was going to leave. But, she made me promise to keep doing what I love. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep making her proud."

"So you're staying?"

"Yes. I'm staying." A tear slid down my cheek.

He smiled. "I was hoping you'd say that. Now, everyone is in the back. They're anxiously awaiting your arrival."

I grinned. "Thanks, Mr. C."

I readjusted the strap of my duffle bag on my shoulder and followed Jeff to the back of the theater. He opened the door and held out his arm, letting me through first.

Screams and shouts of joy assaulted my ears as everyone ran toward me.

"Indi!" Ben shouted.

"Ben," I whispered. I ran to him and he picked me up as I threw my arms around him.

"I missed you so much," he murmured.

"I missed you too. So much."

"Indi!"

"You're back!"

"We missed you!"

"How are you doing?"

I pulled away from hugging Ben to face everyone else.

"Hey, everyone!" I projected. Everyone had gathered around me. "It's so good to back. I missed you all so much. But, now, I'm back. I was going to leave, but I have a promise to keep. So you guys will have to deal with me a little longer." I chuckled.

Applause sounded and everyone came around, hugging me.

"How are you doing, Indi?" Sky asked.

I took a breath. "I'm hanging in there."

He nodded and embraced me. "It's so good to have you back."

"It's so good to be back."

"Finally, my fellow bacon enthusiast is back." Josh smiled.

"Hey, Joshy." I hugged him.

"I thought Ben was going to die ever since you left. He's been all down and mopey."

"I have not!" he interjected.

"You have!" Josh started back. "He would look at everything and say, 'that reminds me of Indi', 'this reminds me of Indi'."

"It was like watching a lost puppy," Sky added.

I looked at Ben, unable to hold back a smile. "Well, don't worry, 'cause I'm back to stay."

He smiled and I hugged him again.

"Hey, we're going to the mall tomorrow. Wanna come?" Josh asked.

"I'd love to."