Chapter 2

Madame was true to what she said when she said my agent would be calling me with the information. My agent had already sent in my portfolio. I was told that I had to memorize bits and pieces of the dances from Seize The Day and King of New York. 

The callback would take place in D.C., so I and my parents would have to stay there until I was let go or picked. We needed to pack for at least a five-day stay. The callback time was next Monday. So, we had a week to find a hotel, figure things out, and pack. My agent gave me so much information it made my head spin.

I was so grateful that my parents were being so supportive; they even had offered in the past to move to New York so I would be closer to auditions. I was truly blessed.

The week had passed quicker than I had wished it would have and at the same time, I wished it would have come at the rate it did. That morning I had woken up extra early because of nerves. I left a note in the kitchen and left the house to grab some coffee to wake up. I came back, finding Mom and Dad up and at it.

"Ready for the next few days, sweetheart?" my dad asked as he pulled luggage down the hall.

"Yeah! But, I'm also really scared because this is national. People are coming from around the country. But, if I don't make it, I'm grateful that I had the opportunity."

He smiled. "That's my girl."

Within the next hour, we were on the road. I couldn't believe I was going to D.C.!

"Look out, world," I whispered. "Indi Logans is coming for you."

~~~

I walked into the building where the callback was taking place. I signed in, received my number, and was led to a room that was full of people. There had to be at least one hundred people in the room. I had a very slim chance of getting through this.

I decided to start stretching, seeing others doing it as well. If one thing would distract me from my nerves, it was stretching. I threw my bag on the floor, shed my outer clothes since I had my leotard underneath, and sat down. I started with my pikes, then straddles, and my splits, holding each one for one minute. Then I did a few more stretches to make sure I wasn't going to snap something and I started practicing my pirouettes and such. I closed my eyes and focused. I did one at a time, perfectly landing each one.

"Wow," I heard a voice. I opened my eyes to see a boy standing in front of me. "Those are some solid pirouettes."

I smiled. "Thank you."

The boy stepped forward and put his hand. He looked to be my age. He was really cute, too. "I'm Ben. Ben Cook."

I shook his outreached hand. "I'm Indi. Indi Logans."

"Nice to meet you, Indi." he smiled.

"You too, Ben."

"Hey, uh, do you mind if I and my friend stretch with you?"

I was a little surprised, but at least I could talk to someone else and try to make friends. "Yeah, sure. It would be nice to have someone to talk to,"

"Great, thanks!" He left for a second, so I took that as an opportunity to do my splits once more. As soon as I slid into it, Ben returned with another boy. "Indi, this Josh. Josh, this is Indi." Ben said.

Josh stuck his hand out and I did my best to shake it while I was still in my split. He laughed. "Sorry. Josh Burrage."

"Oh, no you're fine. Indi Logans. So, how long have you two known each other?"

They looked at each other. "Fifteen minutes at the most," Josh said.

I laughed. "Wow. You two seem like you've known each other your whole life,"