Chapter 13

What was left of the week went by with me playing Katherine and we left for our next location.

Once we got to Philadelphia, it was the same as Connecticut. Go to the hotel, get settled in your room, rest, or go out and sightsee.

I stayed in the hotel room after we arrived so I could rest. All of these shows left and right, along with traveling wore you out.

The next day we moved into the theater, practicing and learning our way around it. That took up the whole day.

The day we were opening, we were free to sightsee. We went to all of the historic landmarks, including the Liberty Bell. I hadn't exactly been a fan of history, but it was pretty cool seeing it.

Some of us lined up on each side of the bell and took pictures. I stood by Ben and before the flash, I felt his arm go around my shoulders.

I did not shrink away from it.

As we all walked, we talked and bonded. Ben and I talked the most; poor Josh and Sky were almost like third and fourth wheels in our little group. Ben ended up picking me up and putting me on his back because my feet were starting to hurt. I insisted that he did not need to pick me up but he wouldn't take 'no' as an answer.

That day was going down in my most special memories.

~~~

"Sky, I don't know about that. A haunted house?" 

"Come on, Indi. Live a little! It's fun to get the living daylights scared out of you sometimes! I mean, it's Halloween night! You've got to do something like this!"

I rolled my eyes, trying not to laugh at his childish giddiness. I caved. "Okay, why not? Let me grab my purse and jacket. I'll meet you in the lobby?"

"Yes!" He pumped his arm down, smiling. "Yeah, that's where we're all meeting." Then he ran out.

I pulled on a pair of good jeans instead of the shorts I was wearing. I kept on the aqua blue shirt I was wearing, grabbed a jacket and my purse, and left out the door.

I met Sky, Ben, Josh, and a few other guys in the lobby and we were on our way.

I stopped walking when we came to the front of the haunted house. I wasn't sure about this; being one of very few girls on tour with a bunch of guys made me feel like I had to prove myself.

"Hey, Indi, you coming?" one of the guys yelled from ahead. All of the guys turned to look at me.

I took a deep breath and met up with them. We paid and got in line.

"Are you okay?" Ben whispered to me.

"Not really. I've never been good with this type of thing."

"If it'll help calm you down, you can hold my hand or something. The guys won't be able to see it if you're worried about that,"

My shoulders dropped in relief. "Thanks, Ben."

"Hey, let's get a group picture before we go in!" Josh said.

We all lined up and the picture was taken. Soon, we went through the house. I clung to Ben the whole time, unashamedly screaming. I didn't care if the guys laughed. It was scary!

Ben didn't shrink away but just put his arm around me and held me the whole time. I was so thankful that he was there for me.

~~~

It had come to a two-show day. Multiple show days were exhausting and nerve-racking. I left the hotel early and headed toward the theater.

I ran into the theater while everyone else was either still asleep or just getting moving. Yes, it may have been dangerous to be there by myself on many counts, but I wanted to have some alone time.