-CHAPTER TWENTY THREE-

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

Charlie feels hurt but he can't force "Danielly" to like him, right? Danielly struggles to find Melanie, she called and texted yet no reply. She even asked strangers if they saw her, sadly, none of them did.

Danielly is losing hope, Melanie has her phone and that phone has many personal things. It might just be a phone but to Danielly, it means a lot.

_-_-_-_-Melanie's POV-_-_-_-_

Charlie seems hurt, awe I wish I could hug him right now. The sad thing is, our conversation ended that way. I want to keep on chatting but I don't think he's in the mood right now, my baby is so hurt...

Danielly's phone starts to ring, I check the caller's ID but it's just numbers. Should I answer it?

I answer the call but didn't say anything, "Hello?" Someone said, I have no idea who this is...

I clear my throat before replying back, I hum as my response. "Is your name Melanie Lewisburg?" The other person asked, I was shocked, how does this person know me?!

"Mhm..." I answered, I should not have done that. I heard the person on the other side sighed in relief, do they want something from me? "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but do you mind to go in xxxxxxxx?" I furrowed my eyebrows, are they trying to kidnap me or something?

"Why? What do you want?" I asked, "I'm sure that you have something that belongs to....Danielly Jones". Instead of answering truthfully, I lied and tried to convince them.

"I don't have anything. What do you mean?" I curiously ask, "Hahaha nice try, that phone you are using now belongs to Danielly Jones. You can't fool me sorry". WHAT?! H-how do they know?!

I'm getting chills from this person, they know too much, I hurriedly canceled the call without saying anything, on the bright side, they didn't call back.

_-_-_-_-Charlie's POV-_-_-_-_

My body feels numb, I walk up to Koa and pet him, this boy could always lift my mood.

I decided to take a walk with him, I make my way out the door and Koa follows.

We're walking down the streets and Koa's enjoying it. Unexpectedly, we met someone as we walk....it's her.

"Oh hey Charlie! Look um..." It was Danielly, should I act nice and talk to her or just leave her?

I look at her with a curious look and she continues, "My phone, it's with Melanie...and by any chance, have you seen her somewhere?".

My eyes widened, which startled Danielly. "Melanie has your phone?!" She nods and I hugged her in relief, "So that wasn't you?! That means I was texting her all along..." I said, Danielly pats my back then releases the hug.

We met up hours ago, but I somehow miss her. Hugging her felt amazing, if only it stayed long.

"Melanie texted you?!" She exclaimed, I nodded and Danielly looks at me with a nervous look.

_-_-_-_-Danielly's POV-_-_-_-_

Did he just hug me? I have to back away, the rumor is still out there and I don't want to be caught hugging him. I released the hug and was still surprised by his word.

"Melanie texted you?!" I exclaimed, he nodded. Oh no. What if she sees the other contents of my phone?! She already invaded my messages, this isn't good.

_-_-_-_-End of Danielly's POV-_-_-_-_

"Do you want me to call your phone and bring Melanie here?" Danielly felt skeptical by his words but she agreed, Charlie takes his phone out of his pocket and calls Melanie.

"Hey, Danielly...I want to tell you something. Can you be at xxxxxxx?" Charlie said, Melanie hummed as her response and cancels the call after.

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

A short chapter again...thank you for understanding. Hope you aren't bothered much. I'm not in my best state, I really hope this chapter is enough for now. The following chapters might be lesser than 1000(the amount of words I usually go with).

Thank you so much for 3.73k reads and 111 votes!

Don't forget to vote, thank you in advance if you will.

-Author

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_