-CHAPTER SEVENTEEN-

_-_-_-_-Long chapter!-_-_-_-_

The next day...

Danielly sips her cup of coffee as her eyes were facing the TV, "You like him don't you?" Melanie asked which made Danielly faced her. "What?" Danielly asked, "You.Like.Him.Right?!" Melanie said out loud, "What makes you think tha-" Danielly got cut off by Melanie placing her finger on Danielly's lips, "Don't lie to me Danny, I know." Melanie said as she removes her finger.

Danielly got clueless yet surprised, she is still denying her feelings toward Charlie, Melanie had enough of Danielly's lies and excuses. "Just tell him, it's obvious. He likes you too" Said Melanie which made Danielly stop sipping her coffee, "Your kidding right?" Said Danielly as she widens her eyes. Melanie blankly stared at Danielly as her response, Danielly sighed knowing by Melanie's expression, Melanie wasn't joking.

"Aren't you a fan of him though?" Danielly asked as she wants back to taking a few sips of her coffee, "That's a different thing Danny. Just be honest, you like him don't you?" Melanie asked Danielly with a serious tone and expression, "Fine, I.Don't.Know. Is that a valid answer?" Danielly replied.

Melanie softly laughs and walks away, which made Danielly confused. "Are you mad at me now?" Danielly asked, Melanie shakes her head in denial and went back to her room.

Danielly furrowed her eyebrows and brushed it off, she faced the TV once again.

Few hours have passed, Danielly didn't see Melanie came out of her room ever since their conversation. Danielly got worried and decided to check up on Melanie.

Danielly quietly opens Melanie's door without knocking. "I know right! She actually likes him." Said Melanie with a phone placed next to her ears, Danielly started eavesdropping without realizing, as the conversation between Melanie and someone, Danielly notices that their whole conversation was just about Danielly's conversation with Melanie earlier.

Danielly cleared her throat before speaking, it startled Melanie and it made her face Danielly. "Oh um, yeah?" Melanie asked as she tried to act clueless, "Who are you talking to?" Danielly coldly asked, "It's uh..my mom-" Melanie lied.

"So you were talking behind my back with your mom?" Danielly asked as she leans on the wall with her arms crossed, "Why are you minding my business Danny?! Just leave me alone!" Melanie aggressively responded all of a sudden.

"Why are so defensive now?!" Danielly furiously asked, Melanie scoffed and ran out of the room, leaving Danielly dumbfounded and disappointed.

Danielly never thought that Melanie would hide something from her, they've been best friends since childhood. They were inseparable! There is not a single day where they wouldn't talk to each other. Few seconds after every argument, they would just laugh it off like nothing happened and got close again.

After that argument, they haven't talked to each other since. Danielly was all alone and Melanie left, she didn't come back. Danielly got worried for Melanie even though she talked behind her back, Danielly rang and texted Melanie too many times but she didn't read them nor answer her calls.

Danielly's head starts being filled with thought again, she wanted to talk about it with someone but it's her problem so might as well solve it herself.

Hours have past yet Melanie still hasn't arrived. Danielly rang Melanie for the last time but Melanie declined the call and messaged Danielly.

"Don't call/text me."