-CHAPTER SIXTEEN-

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

Danielly groans as she wakes up from the noises made by a vacuum. Danielly slowly opens her eyes to see Melanie holding a vacuum.

"It's seven in the morning Mel, why are you vacuuming?" Danielly weakly said, she took a pillow nearby and placed it above her ears to avoid the noise.

"Seven in the morning?! You're fooling yourself Danny, it's literally eleven. That means you need to wake up!" Said Melanie while she walks up to Danielly and took off the pillow for Danielly to hear her clearly.

Danielly groans louder and softly replied 'Fine' in defeat. She stood up and directly went to the bathroom, she gets ready. After getting prepared, she got out of the bathroom and picked up her phone from the coffee table.

"Oh, your bOYfRiENd texted you~" Melanie teasingly said, giving Danielly a small smirk. Danielly checks her phone to see a message from Charlie.

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

Charlie:
Good morning:)

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

A smile appeared on Danielly's face, Melanie notices and started teasing Danielly again.

Danielly replied Charlie, which he immediately read. The conversation got longer as time goes by, their conversation was too long that Danielly forgot to eat her breakfast.

"You've been facing your phone the whole day, you didn't even eat tsk tsk tsk" Said Melanie with a disappointing tone as she stares at Danielly.

"I didn't expect time would go by so fast...anyway, what could I eat?" Said Danielly after checking the time, "I'm not sure, up to you. I didn't cook anything" Melanie replied, Danielly sighed and walk to the kitchen, she looked around for food or ingredients she could use to make her food but couldn't find anything.

"We have to go grocery shopping too" Said Danielly, she sat back down on the couch and picked her phone up. "How about you order food and I get the groceries?" Melanie recommends, Danielly nods in agreement and decided to order pizza.

A few minutes later...

Melanie tries catching her breath after a long walk with heavy groceries with her, "Have...you..ordered yet?" Said Melanie as she catches her breath between each word, "Mhm, I ordered pizza." Danielly replied.

As Melanie sat down on the couch to rest, their doorbell rang.

"That must be the pizza!" Danielly exclaimed, Danielly took some money from her bag to pay and opens the door.

"Here's your pizza Miss." Said the delivery guy, "Thank you so much, here" Danielly hands the money to the guy and grabs the pizza box out of his hands. The guy left with a thank you and Danielly close the door while carrying the pizza.

"He kind of looks familiar..." Danielly mentally thought, she just shrugged it off and place the pizza box above the dining table.

After eating, the moon takes the sun's place and the sky turned pitch black.

Danielly is currently laying down on the couch thinking about the pizza guy, she finds him odd...mainly because he reminds her of someone but she can't really think of who.

Danielly ends up burying the thought and went to sleep, suddenly she remembered something. She texted Charlie a goodnight, she immediately went to sleep after.

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

Danielly got out of the bathroom, after getting ready, she went to the living room only to see nothing but darkness.

She got startled as she is not confident without the light, she walked around the living room with fear, trying to find the light switch. Sadly, Danielly was unable to find it.

Danielly stood still and not making a single move, she turned around while standing in the same spot, she is unable to see.

Danielly was frightened as she felt hands covering her eyes, she tried taking them off but someone interrupted with an "Shhh~". The voice was immediately noticeable, Danielly remained calm knowing that it's just Charlie.

Charlie removes his hands from Danielly face, Danielly was surprised by the amount of people singing her "Happy birthday!". She was speechless yet so happy, she turned around to Charlie with an excited smile, "Happy birthday!" Charlie exclaimed with a bright smile, he gave Danielly a hug, which she hugged back.

The crowd started teasing them again, Melanie, who was holding the cake, place the cake on the nearest table and whispered to the others "Let's leave them alone~", the rest of them agreed and slowly makes their way out of the room as Charlie and Danielly were having a small conversation.

"Um...Danielly do you mind if I talk to you...privately?" Charlie shyly asked, Danielly looked around and noticed and no one was around, "But we are alone right now" Danielly pointed out, Charlie looked around and saw no one.

Charlie awkwardly laughed and said "If that's so, I'm going to be straightforward with this then...I-" Charlie got interrupted by the ringing of his phone, "I got to take this" Said Charlie as he leaves the room.

Thoughts start roaming through Danielly's head...

"He...he what?!"

"He hates me? He likes me?"

As she thought of him liking her, her cheeks turned light pink and she started to heat up, she felt it and tries to stop herself from blushing.

"OooOOoOo~ You're blushing" Someone said out of nowhere, Melanie and the others came out of one room. "You better eat your cake before anything else happens! I'm still waiting for you to slice it." Another friend of Danielly said.

Danielly snickered, before getting closer to the cake, "Oh wait, what about Charlie?" Danielly asked right before she slices the cake, "I'm here! Sorry for the interruption" Charlie said as he enters the room. A smile appears on Danielly's face as she makes a wish and blows her candles after. After she sliced her cake, she hands everyone a piece of cake.

Apparently, there are no more pieces left for her to eat, she was disappointed yet happy because everyone gets a chance to eat. Charlie notices that she has no cake so he offers his cake to Danielly. Danielly looked at him shocked, she shook her head because she wants Charlie to eat it instead of her.

"C'mon Danielly! It's your birthday! Everyone, especially you, needs to eat the cake! Better say ah, cause I'll be letting you eat this cake no matter what!" Said Charlie while he scoops a bit of cake and waited for Danielly to open her mouth. Danielly slowly and awkwardly opens her mouth and Charlie didn't hesitate to feed the cake. Danielly felt flattered but she tried to not make it obvious.

After the party, where everyone left except Melanie, Danielly, and Charlie. Melanie directly went to her room to sleep, leaving Charlie and Danielly alone.

"So what were you going to say a while ago?" Danielly asked as she looks at Charlie with a curious expression, "Oh it's nothing..." Charlie replied, trying to avoid eye contact.

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_

Hi there! We just want to thank everyone who made this story reached 2.14k reads and 65 votes! Also thanks to those who added this story to their reading list! We apologize for the late upload since we're having difficulties with producing a new chapter. Another, if there are any mistakes...don't hesitate to correct them!

We are currently planning to change the update schedule, we are thinking between Saturdays or Sundays! Thank you for your patience even though we have been uploading late...

Don't forget to vote for this chapter and stay tuned for the next chapter!

-Author

_-_-_-_-♡-_-_-_-_