CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"

♬ As I turn out the lightI say, "My darling, you look wonderful tonight

I say, "My darling, you look wonderful tonight."
Oh my darling, you are wonderful tonight ♬

- "Wonderful Tonight," Eric Clapton

This chapter is R-18. You have been warned.

Jeongguk and Taehyung waited for the cookies, breads, and cupcakes inside the oven to get cooked. They sat on the dining table and talked about different things. The smell of food made of flour permeated across the room. They both decided that Taehyung would be sleeping over because it's late already and Jeongguk doesn't want him to be driving anymore.

It was almost 1 am when they arrived at the Jeons' mansion. The party lasted a little longer because they were forced to drink champagne by their friends and stay for a few more minutes. Now, they are in the kitchen because Taehyung said he wanted to do something for Jeongguk's birthday. He wanted to bake Jeongguk's cake but they didn't have enough ingredients so they decided to bake cupcakes instead.

The younger doesn't know what to feel at the moment. Today was surely a fairytale for him. He cannot believe that he's with the man he first fell in love with. It felt like it was just yesterday when they first met. It was too good to be true yet it was really happening right now.

They both heard the ding of the oven, the sign that what they're baking is now ready. Taehyung volunteered to take them out of the oven but before that, he wore the gloves so his hands wouldn't be burned. He took the metal tray out and they both saw the beautifully made pastries.

"Don't get excited yet. Let's cool them first. You'll burn your tongue," Taehyung warned him, but after he said that, he stared at Jeongguk's lips. The younger nodded and they both stood by the breakfast table and waited for it to cool a little. They thought of another topic to discuss while doing so.

"Can I kiss you?" Taehyung said all of the sudden. Jeongguk didn't even get surprised by this. It was the most Taehyung-thing to say. He knew how touchy and clingy the older was. Not that he was complaining, I mean, who doesn't want to be kissed by the most handsome man on earth?