CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"

♬ I close my eyes at nightWondering where would I be without you in my lifeEverything I did was just a boreEverywhere I went it seems I'd been there beforeBut you brighten up for me all of my days ♬

Wondering where would I be without you in my life
Everything I did was just a bore
Everywhere I went it seems I'd been there before
But you brighten up for me all of my days ♬

- "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)," James Taylor

Taehyung made his steps as light as possible as he approached Jeongguk's room

Taehyung made his steps as light as possible as he approached Jeongguk's room. It's just eleven in the morning when he arrived at the Jeons' mansion. The maids no longer needed to double-check his identity because he was recognized as Jeongguk's bestfriend and they would always joke around that the boy almost lived in there.

A lot has happened over the span of few months, and Taehyung had always visited Jeongguk whenever there is a free time. Although they would hang out a lot together, sometimes be touchy, nothing intimate has happened yet between them.

He wanted to surprise the younger with another visit. Jeongguk knew that Taehyung would always come around but his schedule of visiting is always unpredictable. There would be times that Jeongguk was very busy with school works, and Taehyung suddenly arrives, he just lets the younger do whatever he needs to do and just casually admiring him in one corner, and Jeongguk was like "Stop staring at me, I can't keep my focus!"

Usually, he would just wear casual clothes but today, he was dressed particularly for going out and not just for them to stay indoors. The older wanted to take Jeongguk somewhere. Where could it be?

As much as possible, he tried his best not to make the door creak. The butler saw him sneaking already but Taehyung just shushed him, signaling that he's going to startle Jeongguk. The butler also made him look his way but he was distracted in his own thoughts that's why he just let him invade the younger's room. "Jeon Jeongguk!" he shouted but then immediately turning his face in a questioning look when he faced an empty room.

He tried going out in the balcony but there was no trace of the younger. He returned to the room but almost fell when Jeongguk screamed his name loud, surprising him instead. "Haha, got 'ya this time!" The younger grinned like a devil as he saw Taehyung scratching the back of his head.