CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"

♬ I'll reach out my hand to youI'll have faith in all you doJust call my name and I'll be there ♬

I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I'll be there ♬

"I'll be there," The Jackson 5

5th of July 1978Somewhere in the woods of France, a campsite

5th of July 1978
Somewhere in the woods of France, a campsite

The campfire was lit and everyone was sitting around in hopes of chasing away the bugs from their body and accepting warmth to contradict the cool breeze. Everyone was having a conversation to each other but Jeongguk just sat there, watched as the small twigs near the campfire turn into ashes.

Someone patted his back and finally he looked up, his soul coming back to reality from the deepest of his imagination. His pupils dilated as he saw the man he adores smiled at him. "Are you alright? Why don't you try talking to other people?" Taehyung said and sat next to him. Jeongguk was confused why Taehyung was finally interacting with him. Not that he doesn't want the older to talk to him anymore, it's just that him being mad was valid so he is giving him the space he needed for a while.

"I-I don't know how to do it," Jeongguk said and looked down to his feet. He was just wearing slippers. He's a little uncomfortable that his feet would sometimes touch the ground.

Jimin came and hung his hand around Jeongguk's nape, suprising the younger a little. "Is V harming you? Let me harass him myself," Jimin said and fake punched the older. Taehyung acted like he was hurt and Jeongguk just let it happen and shook his head a little while he tried to stifle a smile.

"Can I ask something?" Jeongguk let out with the little of his voice.

"Hm?" Jimin tilted his head to the side to view Jeongguk's face better.

"Why do you call Tae by 'V'? Is it a nickname? I don't get it. His name doesn't even have a 'v' on it or produce that sound," Jeongguk inquired. Taehyung was about to answer when Jimin talked first.

"I got this. Do you really want to know why we call him 'V'? Then let me tell you the whole story why Taehyung was born to be called 'V'. Storytelling time, Yey!" Jimin cheered and clapped and Jeongguk awkwardly went along with him. "First, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim had s-" Taehyung covered Jimin's mouth to stop him from talking.