CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"

♬ Like the sweet song of a choirYou light my morning sky ♬

You light my morning sky ♬

- "Burning Love," Elvis Presley

"You want us to go together?" Jeongguk asked as he fixed his hair in front his vanity table

"You want us to go together?" Jeongguk asked as he fixed his hair in front his vanity table. He saw in the reflection how Taehyung was wandering across the room and he doesn't know what to do. Taehyung seem distraught that he didn't even heard Jeongguk's question.

The younger went towards his direction, cupped his cheeks and looked at him in the eye. "Why do you look like bothered?" Jeongguk asked, trying to remain the eye contact. Although he was facing Jeongguk, Taehyung's eyes were shifted downwards. He wanted to avoid the younger's stare. Something was going on inside his head.

"It's nothing, Gguk! Let's enjoy today, alright? Nevermind that. I'm alright, love," Taehyung assured him as he shrugged his thoughts away and dismissing Jeongguk's worrying. He slowly slid his hands on the younger's waist like they would fit like puzzles. Jeongguk smiled at him, and he didn't fail to charm Taehyung. The older's face became at ease as they both stared at one another.

"I love you," Taehyung said all of the sudden, even Jeongguk was surprised. The younger giggled and hid his shied face.

"You know what? Calm down, seat back, and relax. Everything's going to be alright. Don't go walking around the room like that. You're making me dizzy," Jeongguk said and guided Taehyung to sit on his bed. "Now, now look at me," Jeongguk commanded and Taehyung complied immediately. Jeongguk started fixing the strands of hair that fell infront of Taehyung's face.

"Trying to change the conversation, huh?" Taehyung smirked as he watched Jeongguk fix his hair for him. The younger tried to stifle his smile as he continued combing the older's locks using his hand. Jeongguk then sat back and looked at Taehyung's face again.

"Don't you look alright? There, there. Your ribbon tie is not properly fixed," Jeongguk said and started fixing it along with Taehyung's collar. Today is the students' night celebration, a.k.a prom, and they had decided that they will be going together to the venue. Jeongguk didn't mind although he was already thinking how would people react if they saw them again together.