Chapter 14: Wait, we have been lied to?!

Seraphina and John are sitting at the boba place, they always go there every since they first went together 2-3 years ago. They just stare at each others eyes just for a moment until Seraphina breaks the silence.

Sera: About Fiore and Emerson.

John: Oh come on! Not those two! Sera, I thought we promised not to talk about them!

Sera: I know, its just strange they both have the same ability.

John: *sigh* Let's just forget about it OK?

Sera: Alright, now where were we?

Meanwhile, Emerson was looking around the mall, trying to find a new part for his computer.

Emerson: Oh come on! All the SSDs are sold out! Better buy one on amazon I guess.

He sits down on one of those mall benches.

Emerson: *sigh* Damn, what a week. In just reaveled my ability and to find out that Fire has it too. But why though.

He looks down at his phone, he flips through his apps to find a useless app to delete, he does this often as he hates having wasted storage on his phone. The minute he deletes the app his phone rings, it his mom.

He looks at it confused, he confirms the call and place the phone to his ear.

Emerson: Um, hello?

Mother: Emerson, I can't lie to you anymore. You know I never allowed myself to lie to you so this one is a hard one.

Emerson already has thoughts in his head, was his parents getting a divorce and he did not know it. Is he adopted? Who knows he doesn't concentrate for a good second.

Mother: When you were born, you know how they always take the baby away just to do a quick check up?

Emerson: *already nervous* Yeah?

Mother: Well, come to find out. The reason for your strange ability is because......

Emerson: Because what?

Mother: You've been experimented on, they were trying to create a new race of abilities called the alpha abilities and your one of them. That Bullshit about the lost ability for generations was just bullshit, every thing you have been told about your ability was a lie.

Emerson drops his phone.

Mother: You never were given a mistake ability caused by a lineage of cripples, you were given this power, and now you and your future kids will have an alpha ability.

Emerson: Alpha Ability?! What's that?!

Mother: You know how your owns glow completely differently than others, that's an Alpha ability. Alpha abilities are supposed to more powerful and easier to tier up than normal abilities.

Emerson: That's why I became a 15 so quickly.

Mother: Right now they've only got Energy Manipulation created but they are now working on a Alpha electricity and other stuff. I'm so sorry, I would have never let them touch you if I knew about it.

Emerson: Its Okay, thanks for telling me.

*click*

Emerson looks down at his knees and stretches himself, a new race of Alpha abilities, he just can't comprehend that. Right now and forever, Energy Manipulation will be the most powerful Alpha ability, but he doesn't care right now. He slowly gets up and punches the wall, leaving a large crack in it. He then sits back down.

Emerson: What should I do?! Well at least I know now why Fiore and I have the same ability, its because we were the first of the alpha users. Wait, I've gotta tell her.

He quickly dials Fiore's phone number from memory, two seconds later she picks up.

Fiore: Hello?

Emerson: Fiore! I know now why we have weird and the same abilities!

Fiore: I thought it was because we were a mistake in a family of the same-

Emerson: That's all bullshit, let me tell you what really happened. I just know learned this.

He tells her everything, detail by detail. She too becomes shocked at what also may have happened to her. Because of this event, them two become closer.