Imagine(Kalani Hiliker)

This was requested by smd_sophhh

Prompt: You were deployed overseas for a year, when you get back you propose to Kalani. 

P.S- I know nothing about the military, so if I get anything wrong, please let me know. 

Your POV

"Aye Y/l/n!" I turned around and saw my partner running towards me with a smile on his face, I waited for him, he caught up to me nd wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "ready to go home?" he asked. 

"Hell yeah!" I said, excited, he clapped my back, we laughed. 

"Guys wait for me!" Marie said as she ran towards us, the short female caught up to us and walked with us to the plane. 

"I'm so ready to go back home, Lauren said Isa painted her closet doors with a picture of the ocean, and Mike re-modeled the garage again, I am so ready to see what those kids have done" Marcus said, he was deployed with me and Marie overseas to fight against Afghanistan. he is married to this sweet woman, and had two gorgeous kids. 

"Harper said mom will make me a homemade buffet when I get back, I am so ready to eat all the food there" Marie said, her face showed nothing but excitement. Marie was from a big family, and being the youngest, it was hard for her to prove herself to her family, so she applied for the military to prove herself, and has she made her family proud. 

"Team 45!" the general yelled, we looked over to him, "this plane is yours!" he yelled, we nodded and walked over to the rather small plane, "the other two big planes are filled, you guys got lucky, good luck!" he said, giving each of us a strong hand shake,  when he shook my hand he smiled, "I'm proud of you, commander" 

"Thank you, sir" I shook his hand with strength and confidence, he smiled and let me in the plane. I walked in the plane and sat down beside Marie and in front of Marcus. 

"So," Marie looked at me with a smile, "are you proposing, to the brunette beauty?" she wiggled her brows, I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Oh My God! She is!" she yelled, I smiled. 

"Yes!" Marcus yelled, I laughed at my friend's antics, Marie and Marcus clapped as I smiled at them. Over the year the three of us have gotten really close, the Golden Trio, as the other soldiers called us. 

"Do you have a ring picked out, yet?" Marie asked, I smiled and nodded, "can I be bridesmaid?" she asked me, I nodded. She launched herself at me, hugging me tightly. 

"I really hope she says yes" I say while looking down at my hands, Marcus reached his arm over to me, signaling me to hold his hand, Marie taking his other hand. 

"Y/n we all know how much that girl loves you, even if she says no, she is loosing a huge opportunity, I mean look at you," he signaled at me, "smart, strong, independent, kind-hearted, good looking,-"

"And let's not forget, loyal" Marie finished for him, I smiled at my two best friends. 

"You guys are the actual best, I'm gonna miss seeing your annoying faces every day" I said, Marie cuddled into my side, while Marcus scoffed. 

"Our faces are not annoying," he stopped, "well, Marie's is" Marie slapped his arm. 

BACK AT HOME

After I said goodbye to Marcus and Marie I took my car and headed over to Kalani's house, I wanted it to be a surprise when I arrived here, so I told no one I am home. I drove to the Hiliker household, patiently going through the traffic, soon enough coming across the beautiful house I have missed more.