Imagine(Kendall Vertes)

Prompt: this was requested by @BilliesLucifer ; you and Kendall are very competitive sisters

Your POV

"First one to get to the car wins" Kendall yelled as she ran past me, mom yelling at her for almost making her fall down the stairs. I rolled my eyes but ran after her, passing her  when she stopped to watched the new neighbor, a guy, take his shirt off to continue skating. I got to the passenger seat first, Adam, the neighbor waved at me with a smile. I smiled back and waved, he walked towards me.

"Hey Y/n, how was your morning? I didnt see you at school today" he said with a smile, I am a year older than Kendall and Adam is in most of my classes.

"I felt sick, I puked like five times," I told him, he snorted lightly, I pushed him playfully, "dude you wont believe what happened yesterday night-" I was going to tell him what a friend told me when Kendall cut me off.

"Hey Adam" she said as she fluttered her eyelashes, I rolled my eyes, "in three..two...-" I thought, "Do you think you can help me put my bag in the back? It's pretty heavy" Kendall said, Adam looked at me, praying for help, I smirked.

"Sure" he said, taking her bag and putting it in the back of the car before walking to me again, "so what happened?" He asked. I took his hand and pushed him to the bench away from my annoying sister who was glaring at me.

"Ok so, you know how Evan has a girlfriend right?" He nodded, "well Marie caught her cheating on him, so she sent me a picture and it was the girlfriend making out with Max" his mouth went wide open.

"What the hell is wrong with her? That is so unfair" he said, he is very protective of Evan since they grew up together.

"Honeybear, come on lets go, your sister has to get to practice now" my mom said, Adam smirked.

"Yeah, honeybear, go to watch your sister dance" he teased, I pushed him and walked towards the car. "I'll see you tonight right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, see you Adam" I said getting on the passenger seat, my mom looked at me with a knowing smile. "What?" I said, "why are you looking at me like that? Mom what's wrong?" She continued to smile at me, "what is happening? Mom stop it!" I exclaimed, she laughed.

"Nothing nothing, its just that the two of you are a good couple, that is it" she said, I gagged and Kendall glared at me more.

"Ew mom, we are not dating, I've told you this a hundred times already". I sighed, my mom giggled as she drove to the studio. After a few minutes we arrived, Kendall shoved me out the way when we entered, making Abby widen her eyes in surprise.

"Now what has gotten her in a bad mood?" She asked me, I laughed.

"She thinks I'm flirting with 'her' guy, my best friend" I told her, she rolled her eyes and laughed. "Well tell her that she needs to start warming up," I nodded, "also you think you can play an acoustic version of 'ocean eyes' by Billie Eilish?" She asked me.

"Yeah sure, what is it for?" I asked her.

"It's for Maddie and Chloe's Solo" I nodded, going into the den, Kendall glared at me while I smiled at her "sweetly"

"Now what is going on between you two?" Chloe asked as she put her arm on around my shoulder, her head resting on it as she looked at Kendall.

"She has this huge crush on my best friend, Adam," she gasped, "my boy best friend, don't worry Chlo, your still my girl, anyways he came over and talked to me and Kendall got mad, sooooo yeah" I told her, she giggled.

"You guys have to get over this stupid competition over who is better," I looked at her with the 'I'm your favorite one right?' She giggled, leaning up to whisper in my ear, "always," she leaned back, "meet me in Studio D after I practice my duo" she told me, I smiled and nodded, she kissed my cheek and walked over to Maddie.

"And you are still going to tell me that the two of you have nothing going on?" Nia asked me, I jumped.

"Nia! You scared the living hell out of me" I panted as I put my hand over my chest, she laughed.

"Good, maybe now you will be nicer" she said with a smirk, I rolled my eyes.

"No we have nothing going on, now butt out of my relationship status" I told her, I hugged her.

"Never," she let go of me, "its the funniest thing to watch you make lovely dovey eyes at Chloe" she said Chloe's name louder, causing Chloe to look up and smile at me, I smiled back, Nia looked in between us, Kendall walked over.

"Oh don't worry Nia, Y/n is in love with Adam, aren't you?" She said, I glared at her.

"Look just because he is my friend does not give you the right to say he is mmy boyfriend" I said while walking close to her, "now stop this nonsense about me dating him, I'm not, besides he is seeing someone, Ken, he has been for a month now" she looked at me sad, I took her hand and led her to the bathroom.

"Why didn't you...tell me?" She asked me, he face was sad, I took her in my arms, hugging her tight as she cried gently.

"I didnt want to hurt you, sugar, your my little sister, I cant let you get hurt, I'm supposed to be the one that protects you, not hurt you" I told her, after a while she let go of me, "I love you, sweetie, I'm still the better one though" I said with a smile, she laughed and pushed me a bit.

"Whatever, I love you too" she said, she went to fix her make-up, "so what is going on between you and Chloe?" She asked me, I rolled my eyes, "Oh come on, you cant lie to me, I saw the two of you kissing in your room the other day" she said.

"Noisy bitch" I mumbled, she kicked my leg, "ok ok fine, we might be secretly dating, but don't tell anyone Kenny, please" I said to her, she nodded, I smiled and hugged her, Last one to get to the den has to eat the other's veggies!" I yelled and ran to the den, Kendall running behind me.

After a couple of hours we were finally able to go back home, I got off the car and walked over to my room.

"Y/n! Adam is asking for you!" I heard my mom yell, I groaned and walked down the stairs.

"I'll see you later mom" I hugged her and walked outside, "what do you want to do?" I asked him, I grabbed my skateboard and we walked towards the street.

"Just skate, I am pretty bored" he said, I turned to him and saw Kendall looking at us from her window, I smiled slightly at her. As much as we compete and try to be the best, she will always be my favorite person.

This was short, and shitty, but in my defense, I have been having really bad period cramps, so deal with my shitty writing. :) love y'all ❤️